Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Long Day

Gosh, it was such a long day today. I worked all morning on the handout for my tatting class, after waking up about five times during the night to run to the bathroom. Glucophage is the devil. I was sick all day at work, running to the bathroom, this medicine really sucks because of the stomach troubles it gives. Work seemed to go so slowly, and I still don't feel like I got much of anything done. Then I sat waiting for my students to come for about half an hour till I checked my book and noticed that the first class is scheduled for the 22nd, not the 15th. Which is completely not what the girl in the classroom who called me said, but she did write it down, I just missed it. Then, Ben picked me up so I wouldn't have to ride in the dark and things are going pretty badly with his work right now, so he was grumpy. so, grr.

There that feels better, it's easier to just get complaints out of the way and out of my system. I've learned that complaining is just another way of showing fear, and I completely believe that. Because I have come down with a case of the fraidy cats today. I'm feeling a little nervous about telling my bosses that I'm quitting. Mostly because I hate feeling like a quitter or people making me feel like I've let them down. I'm just going to be honest and simple about it though, and let him know that it's not about the time off, and the biggest things that decided me were that I'd so much rather be doing so many other things, and that he needs to hire someone with availability that will work better for his scheduling. I guess another thing I'm feeling nervous about is the teaching. I know it's what I want to do. That and design. But I've never actually taught anyone tatting or sewing formally before. I've shown friends how to do stuff all the time, but that seems different somehow. I mean, I'm not completely set on making as much with these new projects as I do with my job, but I know I have to contribute to the income somehow, even if it's just to keep myself in yarn. I guess I'm afraid of trying and not getting anywhere, so I don't try as hard as I might. silly self fulfilling prophecy

http://www.members.cox.net/bsalgat/hot%20rubber%20crack%20filler

Mostly because it makes me smile. And also because it's just about the best photo I've ever taken

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails