Tuesday, March 29, 2005

No place like home.

Well, I had a nice trip. It was really cool to be home and see everyone. I didn't get the wedding presents done in time, but I'll send them when I finish. I made the wedding cake, and I think it turned out awesome, so that was like a gift its self.

I'm totally sick now, I don't know if it was the cold weather, or the traveling, but I'm all achey and congested. I think I might have an infection, my glands are so sw0llen. Luckily, I don't have to go into work anymore, so I won't have to call in. I do have to teach a session of my tatting class tonight, but I'll probably cut it down to about an hour long, so it won't be a problem.

My sister told us all that she and her husband are splitting up. I hate it, but it's not my business, so I'll be supportive of whatever she needs. I'm sure we'll be talking on the phone more often now that I'm not working, and she's going to be feeling a little lonely. I told her that we each have to set goals of making new friends. Neither one of us is very good at just making friends, but I'm all the way out here and need to have people to hang out with, and she definately needs to have someone she can call up and go shopping with or whatever when the kids are away with her husband this summer.

I got a bunch of lion brand cotton ease that I'm going to use to design a ribbed sweater. I have some ideas involving a square neckline, but I'm not exactly sure how to get started. I might try cutting it from fabric first to get some idea of lengths and stuff. I went to this store with my mom and my brother's girlfriend that sold yarn. It wasn't really a yarn store, more of a gift store with a yarn section. And they had this duster style sweater up as a sample that was so pretty. Marissa loved it, but it was made from Noro Silk Garden and when she realized that enough yarn to make it would cost her more than two hundred dollars she about had a heart attack. The next day though, she said that she'd even had a dream about it, she liked it that much. So I know my mom would make it for her, if we could find the yarn at a reasonable price. Reasonable being about 100 to 150 dollars. I don't think we will though, that stuff is expensive.

So, all in all, it was a good trip home, my brother ended up good and married, and a lot of Jimmy John's was eaten.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Pam said...

One of these days we'll get you to a SnB and you'll find lots of cool friends to hang out with. Maybe now that you're not working, your nights will be more free?

Bethany said...

Exactly! That's a huge fringe benefit of quitting the framing job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails