Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday, Monday

I have to say, I actually enjoy Mondays. I know this is crazy, but I have my reasons. I don't have to work until Tuesday, but Ben is back at work Monday, so my routine is normal again and I can get all the weekend mess cleaned up. There's just something about putting my house back in order that makes me so happy.

I love the weekend too though. This weekend we didn't really do anything much. Ben worked on the weight machine alot. I would have helped, but he's got no patience at all for that kind of stuff and having to instruct me on what he wanted me to do was just too irritating. I know that should annoy me, but it's just one fault in an otherwise great husband, and I didn't have to help, so I actually came out ahead. We went to the movies yesterday and saw Fever Pitch. I liked it a lot. I was really in the mood for a funny love story, and that was really cute. Last week we saw Sin City. The two are very different movies, but I liked both of them a ton. Next weekend we'll see the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. That is going to be really good.

I've been sewing on Adam's duffle bag. I should have finished this a long time ago, but at least it's going to end up finished soon. I don't know what to do about adjusting the strap though. All I could find in white hardware was an adjust that let an end hang free. I hate the look of that, but the only one I could find of the kind I want is black. I think black plastic hardware might look stupid on a white strap. Well, I should just pick something and go with it, so then I can just finish and get it sent out to him. I might go to Walmart today and see what I can find there. I also want to pick up some rick rack for another shirt for me, and some rit dye. I took apart a thrift store sweater yesterday that is 70/30 silk/cotton, and I want to see if it will dye well in the Rit, because it's a really not there bone color right now, and I'm hoping for a dark brown chocolate kind of color.

I have a ton more sweaters to take apart, and I might do one today, depending if it's too hot to work on the homespun throw. That's why I did the silk/cotton one yesterday. That yarn is going to be used for a summer time ponco/wrap thing to wear over tank tops, but the next one I'm going to do, I think I'll try to sell the yarn on eBay. I'll have to check and see what the recycled yarn is going for. But it seem like a high end yarn like angora would do pretty well even if it is recycled. I'm sure I'd earn back at least the three dollars the sweater cost.

I'll probably work on crocheting or undoing sweaters this afternoon, because it gets way too hot in my sewing room after noon to work, and it'll be too hot to ride to walmart too. Maybe I'll go shopping before I go to my tatting class tomorrow. I know the suspense is killing everyone, but you'll just have to wait till tomorrow to find out what I decided.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Julie said...

:) Thanks, now I've got the song "Monday, Monday" stuck in my head.

Related Posts with Thumbnails