Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's lonely in Arizona

Well, Julie left this morning. Ben dropped her off at the airport on the way to work. She's on her way right now, probably just getting to Minneapolis now-ish.

It was so nice having her here and hanging out and stuff. On Monday, we went to Coffee Rush for a snb meeting, but no one else made it, so it was just her and me, then we rode to the mall and had lunch and saw A Lot Like Love, which was okay, but I don't really like Ashton Kutcher. We shopped for a little bit after that, then met Ben at BJ's for dinner, which was so good. We loaded the bikes on the car and that evening we watched St. Elmo's Fire while she held my skeins of newly dyed silk yarn for me to wind into balls.

Yesterday, we stole the car and went to the Fiber Factory which was awesome and is now my new favorite yarn store and to SAS fabrics, which was also awesome and lots of fun. I got some brown fabric of unknown content to use for a dress for myself to wear to Ben's brother's wedding in the fall. I'll have to do a little burn test and see if I can figure out what it is. Mostly for my own curiosity. It's a great color and a really nice weight, and it's got a kind of sheen to it, but it's not shiny and too formal. I think I'll use a pattern like this (5235) in the less formal sort of calf length. With a aqua as contrast maybe. Or maybe simplicity 7068. I don't know for sure.

Anyway, we had a ton of fun and last night they wrapped me up in tape to help me make a dress form, which was nice and turned out well. I'm not thrilled with it, but that's because my posture was not right and it has a super sticky out belly, but that's not their fault.

Today I have the last class for this session of my sewing class, and since there wasn't really a lesson plan for this session because she wanted to learn to use patterns, not how to use her machine, I think I'll use an eighteen inch doll clothes pattern and let her pick to either do jeans or a jumper and just bring all the supplies with me for that. Either one we should be able to finish in two hours.

I'm feeling really sick today. I'm freezing, which is so not like me, I'm usually way hotter than everyone else, and I've got a terrible sore throat. I have an endocrinologist appt tomorrow, but that's just for a normal checkup and he'll want to know about my blood sugar and stuff.

We're supposed to go on a surprise anniversary trip of some sort that is Ben's gift to me this weekend, but if I don't feel better, we'll have to postpone it for a week. I want to have some sort of anniversary surprise for him today since this is our actual anniversary. I was planning to bake a cake or something, but the oven is broken, so I don't know what I'll do now. Last year we both just kind of skipped the present thing, but I really don't want to do that. I want to give him something that's meaningful. This year is supposed to be leather. hmmm...chaps?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Brienne said...

i vote for chaps

for some reason, it strikes me as completely hilarious

Brienne said...

i moved my blog to this site, it's more fun.......

http://dodgegirl9.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

I want to come back!... *slight whine*

I feel horrible too. I think I'm alergic to bad weather.

How was your weekend??

Related Posts with Thumbnails