Saturday, June 04, 2005

New Stove! Almost...

We went to sears yesterday and ordered a new stove. I'm really excited about it. It has a flat top. It'll be so pretty. But it'll be a week before I get it too. Oh well, I'm planning a lot of baking for then. Lasagna and pie and pizza... you know, oven food.

We went to a farmers' market this morning. It was okay, but not the most thrilling thing. Then we went to Ikea. Wait, that sentence should look like this:

Then: we went to... IKEA.

Ikea scares me. It's huge and it was like some kind of temple or something out in the middle of a huge empty lot with a parking lot a mile long on TWO sides of it. And it was just filled to the brim with wandering people buying things without thinking them through well. You could just tell. But, I'll probably still go back someday. Probably not soon, but someday. They did have nice things that were affordable.

I made a stupid move at Ikea though. There was a painting. The kind that Ben likes a lot with bare trees and a misty path. It was in the "as is" section. I checked the price. $15. Holy crap. Yeah, we can get it. Well, I'll just come out and say it. I looked at the price upside down, it was $51. Ben paid for it anyway (I was in the bathroom while he was checking out.) because he wanted it. Well, I guess if he likes it that much, but I totally don't $51 dollars worth of like it. I was kicking myself. Talk about not thinking things through. That store is a monster.

And on a(n?) hilarious note, Pam did this cool thing in her blog where she put text in Babelfish, translated it to German, then to French, then back to English. What comes out is really funny. Song lyrics are great. Here, guess:

The night sharpens, increases every feeling, churns noircissement and an alarm clock an imagination. The directions fix calmement their defense. Slowly easy unfurls nuoce its spledor. If the seized ones, interrogation they, tremulous and tenderly turns far away your ace of the sharp light of the day turns far away your thoughts unfeeling of the cold light.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Brienne said...

that's easy, it's music of the night :P

Julie said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. I think I'm going to rip it off... :)

Bethany said...

lol, I even took out the super easy give it away bit at the end where it said "music of the night" For some reason that translated really well. I even went to japanese and it stayed the same... anyway, fun, huh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails