Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tuesday, Tuesday

Well, I had a good weekend. On Saturday, I went to the Goodwill because it was fifty percent off day and got stuff to use to enter this craftster challenge. I'm not sure if my plans will work because I've got other stuff to finish before I buckle down and work on that. I would post a pic of what I bought, but I can't seem to find the camera. Maybe it's in the car.

We made cherry jam on Sunday. It turned out pretty well. I want to figure out a way to do little tarts or pastries or something with the jam. I don't know if you'd put the jam in then bake it or what. I'm pretty sure you'd use puff pastry, not just pie crust.

Yesterday I had a nice day. I did pamper-y grooming things. I performed my hair removal regimen, lotioned, all of that kind of thing. I worked on the pool some too. It turned green in a matter of a week. I think we have a swamp thing.

I finished hemming the pajama top today. All that's left are the buttons and the button holes, but I have to buy buttons first. Turns out that I don't have any that will work like I thought I did. But I'm going to Walmart to get my prescription so I can get them and have it finished!

I realized that the reason I haven't just made myself finish this sample before now is that I'm nervous about teaching the class. I get the feeling that someone will be all "I want my money back! You're just pretending to be a sewing teacher!" I talked about it with Ben, and he told me something interesting. He says that most everyone feels like they're pretending. Like pretending to know what they're doing, or pretending to be smart, or talented or whatever. It kind of made me realize that not using my skills in public for so long has kind of eroded my self esteem without me noticing. I'm working on telling myself more often that I can do what I make up my mind to, and all I have to do is actually take action to accomplish things. It's a better outlook than wanting to hide, lol.

So, since I can't work on the pajama sample till after I've been to Walmart, I'm going to work on sewing together the SWTC sample sweater this afternoon, and do some experimenting with my Goodwill raw materials. And I'll probably read some too. I just started this creepy book called Thief of Souls, that's all scary and creepy, but a good story so even though I won't be able to sleep well for a week or two, I'm interested enough to not want to stop reading it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

stefani said...

Oh cherry jam, how yummy.

I know what you mean about being nervous in class. The key is just to act like you know what you are doing. It worked for me but I did end up still saying 'um' every few words or so. :-)

Stephanie said...

oh yum! Cherry Jam!
You can do turnovers - and fill them with cherry jam and sweetened cream cheese filling...
Or plop some cherry jam in the middle of some muffins...that is super tasty as well :D

Julie said...

I felt like a major pretender when I tutored math. I always felt like I had people's grades in the palm of my hand. I would only tutor through Calc I, although most people with my education would tutor through Differential Equations and/or Linear Algebra. But I was so worried that I wouldn't do a good job, that I turned people down, even though I actually knew the material. It's funny how your mind plays tricks on you like that. It's like you're either dilusional and think you know everything, or you're paranoid and think you know nothing. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails