Monday, July 25, 2005

Dude, Household Tasks.

So, it turns out household tasks is on the President's Challenge list. I'll be able to automatically count Fridays, because those are vacuum, sweep, mop, and sheet washing days. So that plus the other things like the trash and dusting will usually hit half an hour. I'm going to be good and not cheat and count washing dishes. I mean, that's just standing still, lol.

On Saturday, I went to the mall and got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed. It's so good to have my eyebrows looking all sexy again. My hair I got layered, and it looked all cute and sleek on my way out of the salon, but now that I've washed it and shown my complete lack of skill with a round brush, I just look a little like a sheep dog. Maybe next time I'll just take the straightening iron to it. It was way to hot for such vanity today.

This weekend's canning project was Pineapple Jam. I'm afraid Ben might be taking this hobby too far.

I have nothing to crochet right now. I was going to make something out of Cool Crochet, but I don't have anything at all that's suitable in my stash. And I should be working on the Bamboo sweater, but I can't figure out how to decrease properly in this stitch pattern I'm using, so I hid it so I wouldn't have to look at it and relive my shame for not figuring it out. I should start another throw or scarf or afghan so I can have some nice mindless crochet to work on for a few hours at a time. I should work on something for Christmas, and at least one person on my list is slated for a throw like Julie's. I just have to decide on the color.

I've been eating junk today, and my stomach is punishing me. It's crazy how after just a little while of lots of fruit and other practically healthy food, a day of bad food will really get me. I mean, I used to eat bad stuff just about exclusively. Guess it's time to admit when I'm beat and just have a banana for lunch. hehe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Pam said...

My hair never looks the way it does after I get it cut. No matter how much time I spend, it just looks like I styled it and that's not a great look :)

Good luck with the projects - I feel your pain with the bamboo sweater.

Julie said...

Give the sweater a couple of days. You'll figure it out.

I think I'm going to start wearing my hair all slicked down with pomade like Trinity from the Matrix. It's about the same length. I think it would give me a little edge. :)

Bethany said...

Oh Julie... *shakes head sadly*
But that may be just because I can't stand Trinity. I don't get the appeal. I didn't believe for a second that they loved each other. I mean... my desk and my chair show more emotion and interest in each other.

Pam, thanks. I'm thinking I just need to put it away, and it'll be cooperative when I come back to it. I started some blocks for an afghan instead for now. It's not for anything in particular, and I'm kind of just making them as I like them, not planning anything, but I'm thinking it might get my block on the sweater cleared up.

Julie said...

How well do you know our pal Kenau, cuz basically he's the worst actor... ever. Josh Gies was better than him! LOLOLLOOOLLL! Sorry - I tried to stop myself, but my fingers just kept on typing...

You're right though, she wasn't that great either. But she had neat slicked down hair. Maybe I should give that a whirl. :) Or that neat twenties hair do where it's all plastered against your head in waves. It might be a little bit too long for that, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails