Thursday, July 21, 2005

President's Challenge

I've joined the President's Challenge, for motivation of course, but mostly because I'm a wanna be scout and you get patches. My group is Team Beth. If anyone is interested in joining us, go ahead and comment.

Turns out that I'm better off not leaving the house in the summer time here. The museum was okay, but the fashion design "collection" was not really there... it was just a small exhibit that at the moment consisted entirely of Pucci designs. Yuck. I should know better than to subject myself to an art museum. History, yes. Science, yes. Art, obviously not my thing.

I got the new Harry Potter on Saturday morning, and when I was about half done with it on Saturday night, I made a rule that I couldn't read it unless I'm on the treadmill walking at the same time. That should make it last. I'm rationing.

I frogged all that I'd done on my Bamboo design and started over. I came up with a better way to do the shaping.

I got the book Cool Crochet from overstock yesterday. It's an absolutely great fasion crochet pattern book. And most of the designs are in sizes large enough to fit me. I can't wait to try one.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Julie said...

What does Team Beth do??

Brienne said...

yeah, uh, what exactly does "Team Beth" do?

i bought and finished Harry Potter on Sunday...let me know when you've finished.....so we can discuss :|

Bethany said...

Bree, I'm making it last as long as possible. But I'll let you know when I do finish.

Team Beth is just the name of the group. We exercise. We log our activity on the site. We hopefully earn patches by reaching our goals and then sew them to our back packs. You know, normal Team Beth type of stuff.

Julie said...

Does EVERYbody get a patch or just the leader of Team Beth. Because I'd like to have some patches.

Bethany said...

Everybody who reaches the goal gets a patch. The one we're working on is the active lifestyle one. The goal is to do 30 minutes of activity a day for 5 days out of the week for six weeks out of eight. The activity can be swimming, walking, tons of stuff are on the list. If you sign up, let me know, and I'll give you the group number.

Julie said...

Sure, I'll do it. I want patches.

Bethany said...

I emailed you the invite thinger.

Wanna play too Bree?

Brienne said...

EWWWWWWWWWW! HEALTHY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs away screaming*

sure :) id love to :) send me the thingie too

Related Posts with Thumbnails