Monday, August 08, 2005

More Christmas!

(or possibly birthday).

Here is a scarf I made for Angie that will either be her Birthday present or her Christmas present. It's made of Kid Seta 70% Mohair/30% Silk. I would usually make a scarf longer than this, (it's about forty-three inches), but that yarn is expensive ($11.95), so I just used one whole skein till it was gone and that was that. The color is off in the picture, it's really a dusty rose sort of color. And for anyone who thinks I'm cheap for only wanting to spend $12 on a Christmas present, bear in mind that my list has 33 people on it, lol.




I've started work on Donna's present, but her's is bigger and so might take me a little while. I'm thinking of entering this scarf in the state fair, but I don't know if it's nice enough. Or if there's a category it would go in.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Julie said...

That's pretty. And if you're going to put that much labor into a present, it doesn't matter how much you spend. Think of it as how much it would have cost in the store. Lots. :)

Stephanie said...

oooh! lovely!
And like julie mentioned - don't forget to value your time spent working on this!

Bethany said...

Glad you guys think it's pretty. I was sort of joking about the price, most people are getting presents that cost less... there's just too many people in my family. But that's why I make them things, it's still a nice present and Christmas doesn't cost eight hundred dollars.

Related Posts with Thumbnails