Friday, August 12, 2005

This week...

...I've been working on Donna's Christmas present. I'm through three and a half skiens of yarn with only two and a half to go.
...I've been preparing outlines and lesson plans for my sewing class. I may be a bit too anal for my own good, but man, I love a good outline.
...I've been doing well with my working out, and I've branched out a little from the treadmill, Wednesday was my yoga for dummies tape and today, Broadway Blast Off with Richard Simmons. Do I need less dweeby workout tapes? Yes, yes I do.
...I saw Denis Rodman on some comercial or other on tv the other day and am conviced that he's turning into some sort of ogre monster demon thing.
...I cleaned my sewing room. It was odd, I didn't even know it was messy until I put everything away and then wow, it was a wreck in here before. I hung my tape dummy from the ceiling for now until I make its stand, and everytime I walk in and see it out of the corner of my eye, I think it's a trophy deer head or something.
...I got annoyed with my MIL because she keeps talking about how it's too bad I wouldn't let her give me a wedding shower, but she never just comes out and tells me what about that bugs her. And truthfully, it's not that I wouldn't let her, it's that I wanted one shower because I didn't have time for two what with finals of senior year and all, but she wouldn't give my mom the full guest list from her side. My gosh, do we still have residual wedding planning stress left over? So vote, should I ignore her guilt inducing comments like I have for four years? Or should I just tell her what I said here? I mean, she wants to be friends and stuff, but she does that so much with the little comments and the being kind of pushy about certain things that just when I'm feeling really friendly, I don't even want to deal with it. But I'd like to just be relaxed and friendly too, so shouldn't I let her know that that bothers me? I should call Dr. Phil.
...I got hooked on Dr. Phil. I never meant to. I'm so sorry. I never watched it before, and it turns out he's smart and funny. God help me.
...I talked Ben into taking ball room dancing classes with me. It's going to be fun, it'll count as exercise, and we'll know how to dance at his brother's wedding. I think that having to dance at the wedding decided him, because he's a groomsman, and he'll have to dance with the wedding party and all. I've been asking him if he'd do this everytime the community ed thing has come in the mail, and now that he's said yes, he's not getting out of it. We're signing up tomorrow.
...I looked hopelessy for a dress to wear to the wedding. They're telling me really formal. But I just can't wrap my head around wearing a gown to someone else's wedding. What are my choices? Why does this matter so much? Why do I insist on wearing brown?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Julie said...

Isn't Yoga MUCH better than Pilates? While doing Pilates I usually feel like my arms and legs will get pulled out of their sockets, and my back will hurt for days afterwards. With Yoga, it's not so bad. My back never hurts, and although it's really hard, I'm almost never sore then next day.

Idea: What ever happened to your neat taped body that we made for you while I was there to help you make your dress for the wedding?? :) I think you should still make the dress, exactly how it was before, except make it floor length. And maybe you can leave it two inches off the floor and sew toole around the hem to make it long enough for an extra "formal" touch. Is it too late to make your own dress??

Brienne said...

why the hell can't she let it go? i think she's just a freakin weirdo, and you need to tell her exactly what you just said here

Bethany said...

Well, I'm thinking about making it, but I don't know what kind to make, that fabric I bought isn't really formal enough, blah, blah, blah... lol

I'm not mad at her Bree, I just don't know if it's really bothering her and she won't just come out and say it, or if it's not even a big deal to her, and I'm just taking her mentioning it the wrong way. I just wrote her and said that she seemed upset about it and I thought she'd understood about not having time for two parties and sorry if it hurt her feelings. Not a huge deal, but I was just starting to want to hang out with them, and I'm not about to go back to feeling guilty whenever she talks to me, lol.

Bethany said...

oh, julie... the body is what's hanging in the corner scaring me whenever I walk past. I'll have to take a picture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails