Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dread.

I just got a feeling of absolute dread. Why? I had a really, really, really long post. And I thought, hey, I should copy this before I hit publish just in case it gets lost. And I high lighted it all. And accidentally hit paste, not copy, and erased the whole thing.

Oh well. It helped me sort some things out and that's what a journal's for, right?

Maybe I'll try again tomorow. I've got a headache right now, so it'll have to wait.

But here's an abbreviated version of one of the stories in the lost post.

On Saturday we went through the closet and packed up boxes of clothes and shoes and things to send to the shelters in Houston. I packed up a box of all my young adult books too. That was kinda hard, because I've had some of those books for a really long time, and they've meant a lot to me, but when I thought of all the kids going through this terrible time and they must be scared and lonely... well, I know that Anne and Jo and Beth and Kristy and Claudia and all the others in those books could help them.

So we had the boxes all packed and ready to ship, and I got an email through the SnB group that a woman was driving a uhaul to Baton Rouge and stopping along the way to deliver things to the shelters. So we took the things over there instead. It was just incredible, and worked out so well. She's very brave, I think, and I pray that she will be safe. There are National Guard driving the truck, and she's following, so I hope she makes it to her son okay.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is really brave. I want to get Red Cross training so that I can go down once they start accepting volunteers. But at the same time, I have a pretty good idea of what's in that water, and ew. Don't want to deal with that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails