Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Blog season! No, Duck Season! Shoot!

So, I think I'm hitting a slump in my blogging. Like you couldn't tell on your own.

Last week was a sort of hard week for me. Ben was gone all week, and it was my dad's birthday, so I was homesick and lonely. Not the best of combinations. But things are more normal now, and that's good.

I bought a dress for the wedding the week before last. I like to think of it as my "perfectly acceptable dress to wear in case I don't find the dress that's perfect" dress. A back up if you will. And it's all returnable. Though I'm pretty sure it's going to be the one I wear, because I was kinda getting sick of looking at dresses. I'll post pictures sometime. We'll have a vote. It'll be fun.

I went to the first class of the OCIA with Ben on Monday. That's the learning to be Catholic classes. I'm going to be his confirmation sponsor. Now that sponsors are going, I'm going to be going to these classes for the next eight months. Takes a long time to learn to be Catholic. Which is funny because I was born in March and Baptized in April. Guess I was just a natural. hehehe

I've been dragging lately. Like, so tired my arms seem heavy. And I've been trying to do everything that I'm supposed to be doing, like eating right and exercising and getting my housework done, and not just sitting around. Because everyone knows that sitting around makes you more tired than being active, and I'm still zapped. I don't get it. But I'm going to the dr. in November for my yearly checkup, so I might talk it over with her then. This week so far I haven't worked out, so I'm going to swim after I get back from my sewing class and see if that'll make a difference. We even skipped the ballroom dancing class because I was just sooo sleepy. But Ben didn't seem too broken up about it.

I ordered some things from Mary Maxim and they came on Friday. Among the things I got were some really cool iron on transfers for embroidery with the fifty state outlines and their flowers and birds and capitals. The ultimate goal is to someday make a quilt out of them. Which I'm sure if I started now I could have done in about five years. Realistically, I could maybe do it in two years, including the embroidering, sewing and quilting, but that would mean not working on anything else much. Mostly I just like owning them. And because I never know when enough is enough, I also got a pack of the fifty state birds transfers and a pack of the fifty state flower transfers. I am weak.

I've been drooling over knitpicks site lately. I just discovered it, and I'm sooo tempted to order a huge amount of things. I just can't get over their prices. I especially like the lace weight yarns. I'm in a battle with myself over whether everyone I know needs lacy scarves for Christmas. Once again, weak.

I took a quiz today that said that Jason Bateman is my eighties heart throb. And that does not surprise me one bit because he's totally sexy and I love Arrested Development. So he's still my heart throb? I guess.

Happy Lost Day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Julie said...

I haven't been sleepy lately, but I have had an unexplicable sore throat for the last two weeks. It's starting to get on my nerves. I blame it on alergies.

Bethany said...

I figured out it was the exercising. Because even though I was exercising, I wasn't doing it first thing, so now I'm just getting on the treadmill right away, and I have more energy the rest of the day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails