Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Picture day!

Here are some pictures of what I've been up to lately.




Fingerless gloves with a thumb gusset. The pair took exactly one skein of Andean Treasure from Knitpicks. There was only about four inches of yarn left after I finished the second one. I'm totally in love with the thumb gusset, it makes them so much more comfortable to wear compared to any other gloves I've tried making. Next time I'm going to try carrying along a strand of elastic for the ribbing so it's got better recovery.




One of a set of three lace scarves I'm planning. This one is Shadow from Knitpicks in Campfire. It hasn't been blocked because I ran out of yarn about twenty stitches away from the end of the last round of the edging, so I'm going to tear it all the way back and try again with a smaller hook and see if that will eek out enough yarn for me. If that doesn't work, I'll take out the whole edging and do it all with the smaller hook. If that doesn't work, I'll bury it in the bottom of my yarn and try to forget it.




The swift in action. It's not classy. It's not pretty. But it attracts adorable kitties.

Other things I've been working on. I've done some swatches for a baby sweater made of Parade and Andean Treasure, I've got schematics drawn, I just have to decide what style shoulder/sleeve I want. I did a change purse to practice the shaping for a felted purse I'm designing out of Merino Style, it came out really cute and now I just have to order enough yarn, and I can get that one written up. I forgot to take pictures of the little pouch, but maybe next time. It felted beautifully, and I can't wait to do the full sized one.

We're leaving tomorrow for the wedding, so I have lots to get done by then. Sorry Julie, no pictures of the dress yet, I'll post some when I get back.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Julie said...

Look how pretty your nails look!!!!

Pam said...

AhHa! Now I can picture the swift. (obviously) I think I was expecting little houses or something.

Love the fingerless gloves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails