Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Well, they ended up married...

So, big wedding this past weekend. Everything went well, and it was all pretty. I'm assuming it took and they're good and married now.

I'm glad to be home. It's nice to be in my own house and snuggling the cats after all that travel and uncomfortable hotel room beds. Plus I had just about as much crazy as I could take.

We went to the this really cool place called Plimoth Plantation. It was super fun. I liked it so much. And I learned that knitting at the time wasn't something ordinary everyday women did for their families. They bought their stockings and other knitted things from England. And the knitting was done by poor women. The Pligrim ladies didn't sew either. They got everything all ready-made. I guess it makes sense because I knew that wearing homespun and knitting were seen as patriotic things during the revolution and afterward, so I guess that's because they were boycotting the British made things. I knew that, but it never connected to me before that it was actually true that Plymouth was mainly a consumer culture. I found it interesting to talk to the interpreter people about that stuff.

I added another article on my site. This one is about the properties of different fibers and how they're best used. I think the next one will be about different yarn weights and why they matter.

I've been having a hard week or so. I've learned a few scary things about my health, but haven't heard anything definitive yet so I am feeling scared and uneasy.

I want to find elastic thread to carry along with yarn to help make a stretchy cuff. My fingerless gloves (which all of Ben's family thinks I'm a freak for wearing, btw), are nice, but the alpaca in the ribbing stitch doesn't have much memory, and I'd like to improve that before I start the long gauntlets for Donna.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Molly said...

Hey Bethany. . .I hope you are okay! Scary health stuff is not good. . .I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Pam said...

Here's hoping for good news.

Adam J. said...

aww well wishes. Why a freak? How so?

Related Posts with Thumbnails