Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas!

Today, I am frantically trying to finish making all gifts, get the house in order, and make sure I'm completely packed for our trip. I'm going to be gone until into January, and want to make sure I leave the house in good enough shape that the cats won't be able to kill themselves while we're gone. Because they have shown many times in the past by eating yarn and thread and jumping off high things, and knocking things over on themselves and shoving themselves behind dangerous appliances that they want to die. My job is to prevent their constant suicide attempts.

I also have to perform the time consuming and all important ritual of deciding what projects to take with me. I think socks for the plane to really occupy my mind, a prayer shawl for mindless crochet while with family, and the felted purse, so I actually get some designing done. And the yarn for the lacy scarf for my mom. I can't just make it, because she just was telling me about a scarf she was making herself, so I don't know if she'd want this one, but I'll show her and ask her if she'd want me to make it. Or she could have the yarn if she wants. Plus I packed my suitcase with lots of different skeins of knitpicks yarns to show her because they don't use the internet and she hasn't gotten her knitpicks catalog yet.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone!!! Have a great day. Whether you celebrate or not, take advantage of the time off... and have a blessed and joyous holiday of your choice. I'll be posting next year!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Julie said...

OK. You can home so I can talk to you now. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great christmas and I hope all is well back home. Maybe you'll get a visit from Fweeter the Golden Christmas Bird.

Bethany said...

Well, Fweeter didn't show... maybe he'll only appear when we're together, I haven't seen him in a long time.
How are you doing? I hope your Christmas was great too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails