Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Oh wow, they're Members...

So as a Christmas present to each other, Ben and I bought memberships to the Phoenix Zoo. We went on Sunday, and it was all very VIP. Okay, not really, but it was fun. It's just pretty and nice to walk around there. I'm not so into the caged animals, that kinda depresses me, but Ben loves zoos so much, and this one does seem like a nice zoo.

I've been working on a project to the Crochet Me Love Issue. Yes, I know I missed the deadline, but since I have to finish it anyway, I figured, why not finish as soon as possible and see if they still might include it. I just have to put the finishing touches on the edging. This isn't the super secret surprise project. It's just a simpler one I knew I could finish and would look classy. I hope. I think I'll be able to finish that one today. And I still have the lace-y scarf for Ben's mom's birthday to finish up too. Maybe pictures tomorrow.

So I've got lots of sewing projects in the works today too, but I want to get the crocheting out of the way before I buckle down on that. Most of what I'm sewing should go fairly quickly.

I saw the pictures from Joe and Jess' wedding. I was pleasantly surprised at how non-lumpy and weird I looked. Even attractive. Except I have severe posture issues. As in, I'm way too crazy rigidly upright.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Brienne said...

that's kind of funny, because i had my dress on the other day, and bridget goes "why are you standing like that?", and i said, "like what?", she says "like your back is stapled to a pole", and i said ".....i don't know", but i would think "Crazy rigidly upright" would be a good description, lol (and if i were dave barry, a good name for a rock band or something)

do they have a penguin house at the zoo?

Julie said...

I don't think that penguins could survive in Arizona.

I laughed at the "crazy rigedly upright" thing too. I have the opposite problem. I'm a little slouchy in the shoulders.

Brienne said...

well not if they're left wandering aimlessly outside, no, of course not

but that's why they have a HOUSE :D

i don't think they could survive anywhere else without them...detroit, cali, florida...wherever else there are penguins locked up in freakin freezing boxes of water and ice :s

i don't think i like zoos either, bep :|

Related Posts with Thumbnails