Monday, January 23, 2006

I think I'm getting better

I haven't been sick that badly is a very long time. But I think I'm finally feeling a little better. My ears are still stuffed and my throat is a little sore. Other than that, I'm as right as rain. Whatever that means.

We checked out artificial grass companies over the weekend. We have one coming tomorrow to give us an estimate. I think we will be putting in a putting green. We looked at lots of patio funiture too. I'm pretty sure we're going to go the cheap route and get the molded plastic kind. I really really like the wicker loveseat and chair sets, but it seems like a silly thing to spend large amounts of money on just to put outside. Maybe I'll get some krylon paint and paint the molded plastic black and pretend it's wrought iron. Or maybe not.

Ben and I went to a fancy schmancy steakhouse last night. We had a gift card from his boss for a Christmas present. It was so crazy yummy. I got filet mignon. And it was probably THE best steak I've ever eaten in my life. I still have half left for my lunch today. So, fancy schmancy Monday lunch. Ben took his leftover half a steak and cut it up and fried it with some potatoes and veggies and added scrambled eggs. Hence fancy schmancy scramble burritos for lunch this week. That particular method of using leftover steak was my idea by the way. Thank you, thank you.

I'm going to try to deep clean the kitchen today. Yesterday there was an unfortunate incident involving a lot of pasta sauce hitting the floor. And even though I cleaned it up yesterday, you never know where that kind of mess could be lurking, so I want to get along the baseboards and under the stove and fridge. And I have to take care of a lot of random mess that built up on the counters and table while I was feeling ill. And though I am deeply ashamed to admit it, I still have Christmas decorations to take care of. That will definately get some attention today.

As for crafty projects, I'm between crochet projects right now, though I am planning on designing a tank top for the crochet olympics, that won't be till the flame is lit. I have to write up the pattern for the felted purse and get it up on the site. I'll have that done by the end of the week. As for actual crafting, I'm going to change modes a little and finish the embroidered pillowcases for Wayne and Jolee. That way I can send them as an anniversary present. Oh well, only a year late. And I will break out the beads and pliers and work on some crochet stitch markers.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails