Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



That's a reconstructed shirt that used to be a man's ringer tee. I like the look of ringer tees but the problem with them is that the ribbing always shrinks and the the sleeves get too tight and gathered looking. So I cut the neck down, and the sleeve ribbing off, finished the edges with rick rack, and the shamrock is stenciled on. I have to admit, I was hoping for a more true white shamrock, but this is okay, it looks faded the way it is.

And Julie's just the sweetest friend:



This was my Christmas/Birthrday present that I got out of the blue the other day. There was also a pattern included for knitting the socks. I have to say, Julie thinks I'm a way better knitter than I really am. This is my first time knitting in the round, and definately the first time with double pointed needles, but so far it's proving to be more fun than normal knitting. I don't know why, it just is.

Yesterday I went to the goodwill since it was dollar day so I could get some sheets to cut a muslin of my bridesmaid's dress for Julie's wedding. I found those, plus a black t to cut up to use to reconstruct my Yarrr...n Pirate shirt that's just too baggy and slovenly looking. And a tank top for my self, and a super nice nordstrom's button down shirt for Ben. All for only a dollar each. I really enjoy dollar day at the Goodwill.

Also, I went looking at craftmart for supplies for a super secret project, but they didn't have what I was looking for, and I can't really imagine who would, so I might have to order online. Yuck. I might just revise the project. It's something I should have started a while back, but I'm a Procrastinator. Hasta la vista, baby.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Al said...

UPDATE!

Julie said...

I LOVE the shirt. Very cute.

Bethany said...

How's that for updating? Oh yeah, I'm a posting fool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails