Thursday, April 20, 2006

Carnie Folk: you just gotta love em

I went to Target today and then ate lunch at Long John Silver's. It was really nice, and it was the first time I ate out even though I've been home alone all week. Yay me.

So, they put up a carnival in the parking lot I usually ride through to get to Target. I have no idea how carivals do that, but they just seem to spring up like mushrooms sometimes. The rides always look so scary and rickety. Like, Tilt-A-Whirl: You Didn't Really Need that Hot Dog You Had For Lunch Anyway and Ring of Fire: Because We All Have to Die Sometime. You know, they have taglines like that.

Target has a ton of really cute things in the dollar section right now. I resisted the grow kits, because I can never get them to actually grow anything anyway, but I did get some totally cute copper garden tags that you emboss with this sharp stick thing to make the signs. Though I am a bit concerned that they warn you to wash your hands after handling them. And I got somethings that I just couldn't resist for both me and Julie. But that's a surprise. And I picked up some little photo albums that hold wallets, so I can put together a little easy to carry picture album for my mom of their trip. And they had rose and lavendar bath tea that I got. I went a little crazy in the dollar section.

So that's pretty much my day. Just a nice day of shopping and such. I did watch the Lost from last week that I had on the dvr that I was saving. It was pretty good. I wish they wouldn't skip weeks. I also have on the dvr a movie from the lifetime channel with Melissa Joan Hart in it where she and Jonathan Brandis are like, out at sea or something. Anyway, is it wrong that I still think Jonathan Brandis is totally hot? Anyway, I've got lots of little wallet sized pictures to cut out that I'm putting in mom's album, so I'm going to watch movies and work on that this evening. Too sexy? Oh yeah.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Alison Marie said...

Oh, I can spend FOREVER in the dollar section of Target. It drives Andy nuts!

Jonathan Brandis. Wow, I haven't thought about him since he died. I always liked him and was very shocked when he committed suicide.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh. I didn't know that. At least I don't think I did. That sucks so bad. I mean, he even grew up hot. Wow, that makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he died in 2003

-al

Related Posts with Thumbnails