Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lakes, oh so very lakes

So there are lakes in Arizona. It's just that in order to get to them, you have to drive on terrifying curvy dirt roads in the mountains. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Yesterday Ma and Dad and I drove the Apache Trail. (I'd link it, but I'm lazy, just google.) It was a really long drive, but so so so pretty. And it was pretty fun driving along those steep roads too. The views were just amazing. I'd post some pictures, but they're all on the card thing in the camera all the way in the kitchen. Later, I promise.

On Thursday, we just hung around the house. Dad and I went for a bike ride and brought home water and went to the Goodwill for dollar day. I found some really cute lady bug embroidered valances for the kitchen. And then they took naps and I knitted. I finished both my socks now. I've started a pair of thick extra warm ones for Ben. Andean Treasure from KnitPicks.

Today, Ma and I went to Home Depot for plants. I got a Booger-Valia (yeah, I know, but you spell it... and that was funnier), and three rose bushes, and two white geraniums, and two yellow poppies. So, then we planted those and dad went for a bike ride. He says he's falling behind because he has played any golf on the putting green yet. Anyway, we got in the pool for a little bit, then ate lunch and went to the library, the chandler history museum, big lots, staples, and church, but not into church because they decided they'd rather go to mass in the morning. So we ate dinner at Long John Silvers. Because I'm so attached to my high cholesterol. And now they're at the Bingo, and I'm having a quiet evening home, doing laundry and shaving my legs. It's actually nice and relaxing.

Ben flew out to Chicago for his Grandpa's funeral this morning, and he'll be back tomorrow night. So he's not around tonight, but I talked to him, and his trip was fine, and everyone there seems to be doing alright.

Okay, pictures later, if I don't fall asleep.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Alison said...

It sounds as though your parents are wearing you out, either that, or you are extremely lazy, lol. I can't really fault you for that, I could win the lazy olymics.

Alison said...

OOh, I was so lazy that I didn't even put the p in olympics.

Adam J. said...

Allison - you are hilarious! But i could so beat you at the Lazy Olympics.

Beth - Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun. I wish I could be there not using the putting green with Dad. They went to bingo? Seriously? They do that here all time.

Bethany said...

I don't know, I might give you guys a run for your money in the sitting in one place for absolutely hours on end event. But I know I wouldn't place in napping or sleeping in. Which is why I'm tired all the time.
Yeah, parent wrangling is tiring sometimes, but I am having a fun time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails