Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Slacker

I'm a total blog slacker. I just haven't been using the computer at all in the last few weeks. I've been working on other stuff and trying to figure out how to have a better balance going on in my life. I think I'm figuring it out enought that the computer won't be a bad distraction anymore.

Anyway, I finally finished fitting my practice dress almost completely. It fits really well everywhere except the neckline now. But Julie's Aunt Sis is coming over today to help me figure that part out. I'm actually finding it hard to believe that I've managed to alter a dress pattern to fit me just right. I guess I'm getting to be a very good seamstress. Maybe I'll make a dress to wear when Ben and I have our sacramental wedding at church next May.

I've been crocheting some lately too. I'm doing a filet crochet last name in thread for my mom as a gift to a friend of hers. I volunteered so I'd have something to work on while I was home last, because I was between projects, but I'm afraid she might not realize that I'm not going to be a filet crochet factory from now on, lol. That's a silly thing to worry about though really, because she hasn't said anything about me making another one for anyone else. And if anyone realizes that you don't just whip up stuff like that for perfect strangers on the spur of the moment, it should be her. I still haven't gotten my sweater vest from high school. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wear it now though. I may not be a sweater vest type of girl anymore.

We watched a History of Violence last night. I didn't really like it at all. It wasn't really the graphic stuff that bothered me, for some reason I don't mind seeing people's brains, but it was pretty much the story. It just seemed like a useless kind of story and a waste of time to watch. Sorry Viggo, didn't really care about what happened to you one way or the other. Really, you need hobbits around you to be watchable.

I've discovered that baking soda will work to clean my flat top stove as well as the expensive stove cleaning stuff they say you have to buy. Take that expensive stove cleaning stuff makers who have a lock on the market!

My google adsense has slowed back down. I'm beginning to think that my income with the ads on my site are based solely on how often Adam uses his computer. I guess I might put up a new pattern or something to try and drive more traffic. That usually works for about a month or two to get lots of hits. So maybe if I were to put up a new pattern or tutorial with ads on the page every month or two that would be a good plan. It definately is perfect on paper.

X-Men Rock.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ugh. I hate the kind of plans that are perfect on paper but in real life.... yeah.... :)

How did the dress fitting go? Oh, who am I kidding? I'll probably call you about it tomorrow. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails