Wednesday, June 21, 2006

This week

Well, I have my dress just about finished. I just have to do a little of the hand work, like stitch down the facings and then mark the hem and serge it. I'm just going to do a rolled hem with the serger and call it good enough. Hopefully, since it's floor length, Ben will be able to help me mark it.

I haven't been feeling all that great this week, I think I have some sort of virus or something. Just sort of fevery and queasy. I'm feeling a little better today, but I didn't sleep well at all last night, so it's hard to tell.

Why didn't I sleep well last night? Candyman. I've never seen it before, and Ben decided we should rent it. Really, no more scary movies on a school night.

I have tons of stuff I have to get done before this weekend. I have to clean up a few things, because Ben's friend from work is coming to take care of the cats for us while we're gone, and we're going to have them over this weekend to show them around and all. I have to finish cutting and printing and cutting and bradding for the favors. Well, the bradding doesn't absolutely have to be done, but it would be simpler if it were. I have to finish my dress and figure out what to pack and catch up on laundry so I have things to pack. I have to make sure I have all the stuff that's not clothes that I'll need, like birthday presents and coupons for Adam. That's pretty much all I can think of really. Getting it all on a list made it seem easier than I thought it would be.

I finished Ben's socks on Monday. I have a picture, but the camera's all the way in the living room, so later on that. They're kinda cute looking.

I started another pair with some green Essential from KnitPicks. I'm not sure who they're going to be for, they're just a nice portable project that will take a long time for my trip.

I finished Julie's special present. It's looks really nice, if I do say so myself. And I do.

We saw Nacho Libre this past weekend. It was really heavy on the weird. I don't get why that Jared Hess is so popular. He doesn't strike me as all that great. Napoleon Dynamite was so not good. But Jack Black is so lovable, that this movie was not a complete waste of time. Though I've got to say, that since he was playing a friar, someone might have taken the time so show him that the way Catholics make the sign of the cross is not to just vaguely wave their hand around in front of them and then kiss it. Or to use their left hands to do it! I get that he's not Catholic, but he does play one, you'd think a certain amount of character research might be in order. I'm sure that on that set, in Mexico, with all those Mexican actors, there was probably at least one Catholic, who might have taken him aside and said, Here Jack, use your right hand. But that was just a little thing, I suppose, compared to the sheer dumbness of the first half. It did get funny and good by the last fight, but then the very last few scenes were back to just stupid. The first half an hour or so seemed to be set up just to laugh at Mexicans and Catholics. But it did get better, and I have to admit, I really liked the luchadores.

The roof guy says we can't just reshingle, and we have to pay him $7000 for a new roof. I'm getting a new estimate. I don't really care if we should get a new roof or not. I really don't want to have to waste the money. Hopefully, we can get it reshingled and not have to worry about it. We are selling this house sooner or later, and I get the feeling he just didn't want to bother with a little job when he could have sold us a whole new roof, and it doens't really need one. The roof we have was just completely redone in the nineties sometime. Anyway, we'll see if any of the other roof guys even come to do estimates. I called six and only one has come so far.

I guess I should try to get motivated and start moving. I've got all that packing and other work to take care of. If I weren't scared of Candyman, I'd go take a nap, but as soon as my guard is down, the bees will probably come. Well, since a nap is out, I guess I might as well at least get away from the computer. Ever notice that the longer you sit in front of one, the less will you have to leave it? Maybe those Matrix guys are right, and it's feeding off me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Julie said...

You finished Julie's special present?????

Bethany said...

You'll see it soon enough... lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails