Monday, August 07, 2006

I think the house missed me

I'm back now. We actually got back Thursday night. I've been settling in since then. Things got a little grimy while I was gone, but it's been nice to get back into routine and get the sinks and showers and things all scrubbed up. I did a ton today, normal things like laundry and dishes, but I also really branched out and worked outside. I know, I'm shocked too. I probably won't do it again for a long while though. There's a reason I hate doing outdoor work. I weedwacked our little rectangle of grass, but ants attacked me, and I had to get into the pool to get them all off. So then I put together the lovely outfit of jeans with socks over them and finished the weed wacking. Then I went to dig out the dirt and weeds that were keeping our back gate from closing all the way and latching. That went pretty well until I came up with a shovel full of dirt that included the cable cord. That reminded me that the cable goes through there. Duh. So, since I was so glad I didn't cut right through it, I gave up for now on digging back gate areas. At least it latches now. I had a really good visit and lots of fun at Mackinaw, but it's really good to be home again. There's nothing really going on here, just cleaning and getting back into my routine, which is just the way I like it. The Craftmart is closing which is depressing. But the fancy yarns are on sale, which makes me want to spend copious amounts of money. I mean, like, llama money. But on yarn.

I never did finsh my shapely tank for the trip to Mackinaw, but I've been working on it today. I just have the trim around one armhole to finish knitting, and then sew up the side seams and weave a millon and a half ends. I don't know why I have so many ends to weave in when it's just a one color sweater. Maybe I'll finish it today. Most likely it'll be some time this week.

Well, I've got to go put potatoes in the oven for dinner. Salad and baked potatoes, how's that for healthy?

Glad to be back!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails