Friday, September 22, 2006

I watch Celebrity Duets

Yes, I know it's a pretty lame show. But I can justify it with just two words:

Hal Sparks
He is so yummy, I could just swallow him whole.
I mean, last night he had on eye liner. Frickin' eye liner for God's sake. Could anything be sexier on a boy than eye liner?
I even like his vests.

And no comments telling me I have bad taste. Yes, I think people are sexy that no one else does. People like the guy who plays Grissom on CSI. And Matthew Perry. I know already that everyone else thinks I have bad taste. But it's my blog and Hal Sparks is the flavor of the day.

He's so going on my list. Ben and I keep lists of people we get to hook up with without it counting as cheating, just in case we ever in a million years get the chance. At the moment, his is Tyra Banks, and maybe Nadia Bjorlin, but that was a while ago, so it might have changed, I'm not sure.

Anyway, other than lusting after a not so famous comedian turned amateur singer, I haven't been up to much. I'm feeling better than I was earlier in the week. I think that my sore throat, feeling sick stuff is connected to my period. This is the fourth month that it's coincided. It just seems so crazy to me that a period could make a person have a cold.

Yesterday, I baked an apple pie. And since I had a whole crust leftover, I made coconut cream pie too. And because I'm crazy I also made corn muffins. Actually, I'm surprised I'm not more tired today than I am, because I rode my bike to the store and did a bunch of grocery shopping too. But I'm feeling pretty great today, and I did all my regular Friday cleaning as well this morning. I think it definately counts as exercise at least a little to vaccum and sweep and mop and pick up stuff, and dust all over. But then again, pretty much, if it makes me sweat, I want to count it as exercise.

Ben and I are going to San Diego this weekend. We haven't decided yet what we want to do. He has to work on Monday, which is why we're going, but we're leaving tomorrow so we have all of Sunday to do something together. On Monday, I'll probably walk down to Sea Port village and shop. Or maybe just hang around doing nothing much.

I've been working on Ben's sweater. It's coming together okay this time, I think. But I am concerned that I used needles that are too big. Crocheting got me liking a kinda loose gauge because crocheted fabric can be so stiff if the hook isn't a little large for the yarn, but that's just a bad habit in knitting because loose knitting looks holey. It wasn't too loose at the beginning though, so I also think it might be the weight of the sweater changing the gauge on me now. I guess I'm compensating enough to make it work out. I hope so, because otherwise, I might have to take all of it out and start right from the beginning with a smaller needle. Or I could just do from the arm holes up with a smaller needle. I wonder if that would work.

I think SWTC discontinued this Optimum wool that I'm using for the sweater, and if they did, that's a VERY good thing. It's soft and nice and pretty, but really, it pretty much sucks in other aspects of quality. Like with eight knots in a single skein. Or the thickness and appearance of the yarn changing drastically from one yard to the next. Definately not worth the 25 dollars a skein they were trying to sell it for. Not terrible for how much I paid though. Still, I think Knit Picks has a way better quality with most of the stuff I've seen for a way more affordable price. But maybe SWTC couldn't fix the problems and so discontinued instead of sell inferior yarn. I can admire that.

I've been updating my site a little better. I finally hit $100 with my Google ads. Only ten months... Rock. But I realized that my site doesn't show up on the google searches very well, when it used to be showing on the first page. I think that's because I haven't been updating regularly. So I'm going to try a little updating every day and see if that doesn't help it out a little.

I also reopened my Cafe Press store. It's not much at the moment, but I'm working on some new things. I reopened because I was telling Adam about it (why I didn't tell him about it ages ago, I don't know... it's right up his alley.) and I started playing around making stuff. I don't know, but I think I'm going to add more stuff eventually. Maybe just to buy myself, because I can't seem to get designs onto shirts very well with the different diy methods.

Beppy Out. *

*Seriously, I promise, I know how dorky that is.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so ashamed that you did not use your leftover crust for sugar pie. How would grandma feel?

Related Posts with Thumbnails