Thursday, September 07, 2006

Row gauge can bite me

So I finished Ben's sweater, but by the time I finished all the neckline shaping and the raglan shaping, the v-neck was so deep that it went to his belly. I even had already adjusted the pattern once to have way fewer rows than was called for. I've taken it out, and redone my math, so I'm going to hope that this time it comes out more like a normal v-neck instead of a sexy beast Jack Tripper's friend Larry v-neck.

We had a good weekend. We did lots of yard work. We pulled weeds and dug out all the weeds and dirt by the back gate that were keeping it from opening well. I painted the gate too. But I'm an idiot who thinks she don't need no stinking safety mask. So I ended up with blue boogers. Next coat, I'll definately be wearing the safety mask.

We bought the Girls Next Door season one dvd. Add that to the list of things I shoud probably be embarrassed to be really into but am totally into nonetheless. I mean, they're just so pretty. And live such fun lives. And have cute pets. Bridget is our favorite, Ben and I both agree on that one. My favorite episode is the one where they give Bridget's sister a makeover and she goes and gets waxed. I so want to do that, but I'm scared it will hurt a ton.

On Tuesday night we met with the man about our convalidation/sacramental marriage stuff. There's tons of classes and things that have to be taken care of, but we've got plenty of time to get it done. And we gave him our deposit, so we should have the church for May 11th. Tonight we're starting on the different requirements by going and doing the FOCUS test, which, as far as I know, is like a personality profile type thing that is based on communication styles that you both take, and then later see a counselor to compare how you work together. Pretty much. But the most important question of all: What will we wear to the wedding?

I'm weak. I started spinning. When I was home in July, my mom was brushing her sheltie, and I was thinking, wouldn't it be great to know how to spin so I could make that into yarn for her, and then she could have a nice warm whatever to remember Daffey by. I mean in the future after she's gone. And in the meantime, just because it would be neat. Anyway, I've been trying to resist the urge since then, but I just couldn't anymore and made myself a cd drop spindle. And got some roving to practice with. I have to admit, I'm not so sure I like using the wool, it seems too sticky together. But that might be becuase the very first thing I used was angora, so I got a little used to it. I couldn't bring myself to keep practicing on the angora though, because I have to save that till I'm good at it. Maybe mix it in with the doggie fur. Anyway, all I've done so far are some boring gray singles that have no uniform thickness at all.

I'm excited about stitch n pitch this weekend. I'm going to be there, I just don't know what project I'll be taking with me to work on. I think it's going to be lots of fun, and it'll be so cool to see all the knitters take over chase field. I think they put us all behind home plate because they're afraid we'll get hit by the balls anywhere else.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails