Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Oh knit picks, will you run away with me?

I got my knit picks order yesterday! Oh joy of joys. Their needle set is freaking awesome. It's so so so much better than the boye needle master system. I'm going to write a full review, but one of the most striking things to me is that it even feels like high quality, great materials, all that. But it's ten dollars less than the Boye system. Highly recommended.

I have to make an order at overstock today for one of Ben's christmas presents. And I'll have to decide whether the other things that are for me that crept into the basket are going to stay on the order. I think I'll at least keep The Muppet Christmas Carol dvd in there. I love that movie so bad.

I've been working on Christmas decorating today. I've got everything done but the ornaments on the tree. That's no fun to do alone. That's one good thing about only having three boxes of Christmas stuff... it's totally easy to decorate. I do have to pack up all the regular stuff I took down to have places for the Christmas stuff, but that's a five minute job. And then all the boxes can go back to the garage till we get home again.

I put our stuff snowman guy who's dressed as a burglar in our bed on Ben's side. I'll have to take pictures to explain how this is really hilarious.

I think I'll be able to finish the first sock of the pair this afternoon. So, that's pretty good sock speed. Hopefully, I can go as quickly on the second.

The baby layette is just about finished. I've been working on the blanket when Ben's home and I can't work on his sock. The blanket is a crocheted ripple pattern, and I finished the sweater, booties, and hat over Thanksgiving weekend. So that'll be set to go to church any time now. I have about ten inches left to do in the blanket, I think.

I've also been working on some other random projects here and there, and as soon as I figure out the picture problems, I'll get that stuff posted too.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails