Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Working on self awareness

Okay, sometimes I meet people or read blogs or whatever of people who are completely unaware of what they're really like. Like they proclaim great things about themselves that are pretty much the complete opposite of the truth. I assume that these people are unaware of how deluded they are, so I think, Oh God, what if I'm nothing like I think I am?

So, in an effort to be more self aware, I will now face up to a list of bad things I am:

  • I am posessive. If you don't like that, you shouldn't date me. Well, that's a non issue, but you know.
  • I talk too much a lot of the time. And fast. And loud. And not in what I can pretend is an enduring way like the Gilmore Girls.
  • I laugh at my own jokes. I seriously think that I am freaking hilarious.
  • My period turns me into a monster of emotion and junk food eating.
  • I have very little will power or self control when it comes to food.
  • I'm kind of controlling and anal retentive about cleaning and things like that, and yet I can ignore my own messes for weeks at a time.

So, those are some of my bad qualities. This is really just an exercise in acknowledging the truth about all aspects of my personality, because I have a major fear that I'm going to end up walking around acting like a complete bitch, but thinking that I'm just the awesomest if I don't practice some self honesty.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talking too much, too fast, and too loudly are three of my favorite things about you! Seriously.

Related Posts with Thumbnails