Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The first post of a new year should be a momentous thing.

We had a good Christmas and it was a very nice trip home to MI. If somewhat crowded and busy, but very nice.

I noticed something funny this morning. The first Christmas card we got was from our cat sitter and was addressed to Columbo, Smudge and Pickles. So I hung it on the wall like I do with the Christmas cards every year. But none of the other cards came before we left, so the cat sitter's card is still the only one hanging. The cat sitter must be all, wow, they are losers if I'm the only person sending them a card.

Anyway, I started back at work again yesterday, and it was crazy busy. I think I like it better when it's quieter. Also, I'm slow. It took me two hours to sign a new person up yesterday. I'm going to have to practice that.

I'm going to get a Mary Kay facial on Saturday. The new person I signed up at Curves is a Mary Kay lady, so I'm going to go get sold stuff. But that's cool, because I like their make-up and they don't test on animals.

We're staying at the Bellagio when we go to Las Vegas later this month. I'm am mucho tempted by the spa treatments. Vacation for the Beppy. A real, nice vacation. Not a hectic lumpy bed filled trip. I need a vacation after my last vacation.

I finished Ben's second sock yesterday. They turned out really well and fit him just right.

I knit a neck warmer for Missy, and then one a lot like it for my mother in law.

Everyone liked their Christmas presents, I think. And we had lots of fun candy making.

Ben got me an awesome set of 101 cookie cutters from Wilton. Now I just have to find a cut-out cookie recipe I like.

The house is a disaster from coming home with stuff, and then a weekend of cooking and stuff and not cleaning. I had some kind of death bug thing from flying home, so most of the weekend I was gross disgusting nasty sick.

I started adorable little boy socks for Brady with the leftover bits of yarn from Ben's sock. They'll be cute I think, even though they're a staid grey tweed.

I really just want to sit on the couch and knit, but I'm setting cleaning goals for myself before I do that. It's bad enough that the computer just sucked up an hour and a half of my time. Maybe even two hours, I was keeping track well enough, I'm afraid.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails