Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Statehood Day!

Also, Happy Valentine's Day.

Today really is statehood day here in Arizona. AZ became a state in 1912.

I'm not quite sure how I'll celebrate Valentine's Day. I know something will be baked.

On Monday I did a ton of stuff, cleaning and weed wacking and toilet flapper replacing. And then Monday night I couldn't sleep all night, I was all hyper and jittery. And yesterday morning when I woke up, I was all hot and cold and sweaty and shaky and gross. So I ended up calling in to work. My boss was very annoyed by this. Audibly annoyed by this. But I couldn't really go in and work feeling like I did. So yesterday I did pretty much nothing, and then Ben was sick too, so he came home halfway through the day and did some work here. I'm feeling better now, but didn't sleep so well last night either. This can't keep going on, it's starting to make me feel unbalanced or something. Too much anxiety over nothing.

But today I have the day off legally, and I intend to enjoy it. I'm thinking brownies or heart shaped cake. I never did get Ben a present yet, but I can always give him that this weekend. Today I think baking and shaving my legs will make for a good enough celebration. Hehe.

I finished Wayne's sock on Monday. I haven't started the second one yet.

I finished reading Basilica and then read Romeo and Julie Get Lucky, and then started Christ Our Lord Out of Egypt by Anne Rice yesterday. Romeo and Julie was cute enough I guess. And Christ Our Lord is pretty interesting. So far Jesus isn't a vampire and she hasn't used the word "preternatually" so it's somewhat of a departure for Anne Rice. In a good way.

I'm going to go rummage around in my closet and find something pink to wear. I would have figured that I had lots of pink, but I can't think of anything. I'll have to make myself some new pink tops sometime. I'm in a hearts and flowers and white, pink, and red kind of mood.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails