Friday, February 23, 2007

Puppets are watching.

Despite my title I have not yet started on the hand puppets. But I've been busy this week. I have today completely off, and I'm very excited about spending it going between cleaning and scrubbing and making puppets. That's definately the plan for this morning. This afternoon will probably involve ER and knitting.

I had a good week even though it was busy. Ben got home yesterday, so I'm glad about that. I don't sleep well when I'm home alone. I slept really well last night. Except when I woke up, Smudge was on my head. He's a little weirdo.

My boss told me that the members have been telling her nice things about me. So that's cool. It's good that they like me, because that means I'm doing a pretty good job at my job.

I've been feeling a lot of pressure from different sources to lose weight lately. This is odd for me, because losing weight never has taken much of a priority. But my health can't stand up to being overweight for too much longer, so I suppose I'll just have to embrace it and be glad I have the opportunity to do the curves diet thing for free.

The diet is going okay. I was hungry after dinner last night, but I didn't cheat, so that's good. I'm hoping that if I just keep it up, I won't feel hungry as much. I don't mind eating healthy at all, but 1200 calories just leaves me wanting another snack. I think that next week with 1600 will be easier.

I don't want to be one of those people who is always thinking about weight and how much they're eating. It's annoying to be around and depressing to be. I'm glad to be learning how to put together healthier meals, but other than that, I'm not sure if I would be willing to do this diet again. I was telling Ben last night, I'd rather have pizza for dinner and then just exercise it all off. But I know it can't work that way, so I'll just have to work on making occasional treat foods an occasional thing again, not an everyday thing. That's my big downfall really. Eating treat food everyday.

Ben had some sweet potatoes that he never got around to eating, and they sprouted, so last week I put them in water on the window sill and they've been growing lots of leaves. They might be the first thing that I haven't just killed outright, and I've been able to grow. Sadly, I also have a miniature rose bush that I can't seem to make happy. The cats chewed it a little when I brought it home last week, and I'm unsure of how to make that up to it. I'm not sure why I keep trying to grow things when I obviously have a black thumb. I just know that I really want to keep a plant alive.

Well, I've got to get to cleaning and sewing. Maybe if I'm industrious enough, I'll have progress to post this afternoon.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ohhhh! Yeah, that's the hardest thing in the world for me - telling myself that I don't need to treat myself every second of the day.

Molly said...

You can do it! I know what you mean about treats; I do that more than once A DAY. The best thing for me is to really try hard not to buy the bad stuff, since I'm the grocery shopper. Even if I "binge" on 3 apples or bananas, it's not cupcakes!
Good luck~~sorry to have been away so long!
Molly

Related Posts with Thumbnails