Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Health

If you're a regular reader of my blog you may have noticed that I haven't been posting regularly and that I write about being tired a lot. I haven't posted regularly because I seem to want to complain about being tired when I do, and I don't like my blog to be drag down-y tired talk. But I've been tired enough and for long enough that I thought it was time to talk to the doctor about it. I've had other symptoms recently too, like a sore throat, and most alarmingly, very tender and swollen glands that felt that way consistently for a week or two at a time.

So, to the doctor I went, assuming the worst. Which to me would be some kind of neck cancer. Thankfully, it's not that bad. They did blood work, and it came back indicating that I have the marker that mono leaves that is called Epstein-Barr Virus. When you get EBV you generally get mono, but it stays with you, and it can reactivate and make you feel the symptoms again. Some doctors believe that these recurrences can lead to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. This is not nessecarily true, as most people (70-80% in America) are infected with EBV.

My point? I've had mono, I guess, and it's been dragging me down for months now. I have an appointment with the dr. on Friday morning to discuss this and make sure I have my facts straight and figure out how I should deal with it so I can feel better.

Other news around here. We've been finishing up meetings here and there for the convalidation. Friday will be a full day, with the dr appt, getting the taxes done, meeting the wedding coordinator, and meeting with Fr. Rick. I worked yesterday and had a good day, even though I fell asleep on the couch at seven thirty and went to bed at eight, I'm feeling pretty well this morning. I work tomorrow, and with Friday being full, today feels like my only day off. So I'm going to take full advantage. I think I'll ride over to St. Mary's for mass, and then I'm going to work on sewing my dress from my new green fabric, embroidering the pillowcase I bought from the nice Amish lady, and listening to a mp3 book I started during my trip*. Hopefully, later I'll have pictures to post. And I know Julie expects lots of pictures on me in lots of dresses. I don't know if I'll post them all, I might stick with just the flattering ones.

*That's something I meant to mention that I'm pretty excited about. The library now offers mp3 and eBook check out online. So I can just download what I'd like to hear. Which is awesome, because I listen to books on cd or tape a lot when I'm sewing or on the plane. I bought an inexpensive mp3 player to carry with me on the trip, and it holds about a book and a half. Which is pretty awesome considering that usually I have to take my backpack on the plane just for the cd's and discman. This fit right into the side pocket of my purse. I really like technology.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

BK said...

It is really hard to imagine you being tired. It is like the energizer bunny slowing down or something. I hope you feel better soon. As for technology, your right, it rocks. My wife pretends to not think so but secretly is in love with our new computer. She also has a kick butt cell phone and is very non-chalant about it. "oh, this old thing...I just use it to play music, take pictures, talk to people for hours, text message my husband and cook dinner."

Related Posts with Thumbnails