Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Faith and works

So, Ben was gone most of last week. He had to go to Puerto Rico for a meeting. He brought back lots of pictures of the rain forest and some of the good European Nestle chocolate. At least he says the European kind is better. But I guess he'd know, he works for them.

I'm reading the Left Behind series. It's a pretty interesting story, but I can't say I appreciate the digs at us Catholics.

I've got tomorrow and Thursday off work, and I'm really looking forward to finishing my dress. I've to to sew in seven more godets to finish the skirt and then sew it to the bodice and do the hemming to finish. Hopefully, I'll have pictures later this week.

Tonight we're going to this lecture series at church called Theology on Tap. I'm not sure why it's called that actually, except that it's meant for people in their 20's and 30's and they want to make them think of beer to get them to go to church. Anyway, it should be interesting. I don't remember what tonight's topic is, but it's the first of a six week series. I think we'll probably go to most of them.

Knitting progress: I turned the heel on my sock, but it's stalled now because I have to figure out the increasing for the calf and I don't want to. I did a couple more inches of ribbing on Ben's black sock, only about an inch left to go before the heel. And I did celebrate World Wide Knit in Public Day on Saturday. I knit on Ben's sock in the mall while he was shopping for new video games.

Anyway, that's all the big news that I've got for today. But maybe I'll post some progress pictures tomorrow, now that I have the camera back.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be really funny if a bunch of young college kids went expecting beer. Maybe that is what the church is looking for, kids that they can trick into coming to church and then teaching them about God. Oooh... those tricky Catholics!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was from me, by the way, I forgot to log in :)

Ali

Bethany said...

We're wily alright. We'd even give them a beer, and they wouldn't even notice when we convert them. Well, probably cupcakes at least. But they'd be a good distraction too.

We actually never ended up going. Ben had some kind of coffee that the whole office won't drink because it makes them feel like they're going to die, and he forgot which kind it is that makes you feel that way, and ordered that and so felt like his heart was going to explode. Seems to me like you'd just skip the coffee, but I'm not a coffee drinker myself, so maybe I just don't get the appeal.

Julie said...

LOL! Poor Ben.

Related Posts with Thumbnails