Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jesus Take the Wheel

Okay, so earlier, I read this article about the Vatican releasing guidelines for drivers. I thought, well that's nice, it's about time someone with authority said something about the crazy way people drive. That's a good thing about the Church, they always have good advice about how to do deal with things in our everyday lives in a Christ-like way. Not that that's all they do, but they usually provide you with good information and food for thought when making basic decisions. Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool, but then I read the "What Do You Think?" message boards, and I couldn't believe the anti-Catholic, uninformed opinions that were posted. People seriously have such a biased dislike of the chuch and just about anything the Vatican does or any statements released. It actually made me pretty sad, and I just quit reading the opinions. But anyway, follow those guidelines, it'll make the world a better place at least!

In other BeppyNews, there's actually nothing much going on. Ben has in ingrown toenail and will have to get it cut on Friday, but it's infected, so he's got to take Keflex in the meantime. I've been working and such. Tomorrow I'm going to make ribs. My friend Fran brought me some chicken teryaki salad today that was so good. I've been painfully sleepy. I wish I knew why. We're probably going to that lecture series at church tonight, if Ben doesn't have to work late. We've been working on eating the Curves way again. At least during the day, with normal dinners. I made chicken and bean fajitas last night, they were so yummy. I'm going to have to right down that recipe someday. It's a good one, I made it up myself. I haven't finished any projects, but I haven't really started any new ones either, so that's goood.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Alison said...

I read that article today, also. I thought it was odd.

Bethany said...

Well, yeah. But not cause you to curse the Catholic church odd. Just, hmm, Catholic's are odd, but likable odd.
That's what I assume anyway. :D

Alison said...

Also, I'm no stranger to ingrown toenails, so I know what Ben's feeling. I've never had one so bad, though, that I've had to go to the doctor about it. My brother, on the other hand (or foot, okay, that was lame) used to get them so terribly and would always go to the doctor. One time they actually just had to rip out his whole toenail. Ugh, that makes me queasy just thinking about it!

Bethany said...

ooo, that made my toe hurt just reading it. Adam had to have his all cut off once, I don't know if you remember, but it was when we were in high school I think. Anyway, Ben would have kept ignoring it, but he could tell there was an infection. He didn't think they'd cut it out though. When he told me he had to have it done, I was like, "oh, that's gonna hurt." I'm not very sympathetic sometimes I guess. But I'll make it up to him by bringing him things while he recovers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails