Friday, August 03, 2007

Why are there so many songs about rainbows?

So, we're back home again. We have been since Tuesday night. On our way through the airport parking lot when we got home on Tuesday, we go absolutely soaking wet. It was pouring. I thought that was kinda ironic.

I've been back to work, and just getting the house back in order since we got home. I made some brownies with chocolate icing on Wed. I told Ben that I'd made extra so he could take some to work, but when I got up yesterday, he'd taken the whole pan. Not so much what I meant. But there were plenty when he brought them back after work.

I totally raided the housewares section of the Amish hardware store. I got a bench scraper, and a dough scoop, and another huge spatula, and a bowl scraper. I love that store so bad.

And at the grocery store I got some more of the dried bean soup mixes. I made "holiday soup" for dinner last night. It turned out pretty well, but I think the ham got over cooked, since it was leftovers that had already been heated up at least twice at easter. I think next time I make the soup, I'll try to find a ham hock. That's what it really should have in it. Other than the ham though, it's really just a ton of mixed up beans and grains. Kidney beans, lima beans, black eyed peas, split peas, lentils, barley. And beans and stuff I don't know the names of, but it was pretty tasting and filling.

I'm on my way to work again today. I'm excited because today I'm going to finish my "Back to School" themed boards. Two words: Crayola Bikini

That's all that's going on with me, pretty much. I was knitting a dishcloth this morning while I read Paula Dean's book. It's a pretty interesting book. And I've finished my Harry Potter of course. I saved it for vacation, but didn't get to read as much as I'd planned to, so I finished it up on Wed. morning.

I guess I should definately take some pictures of all the things that I bought while I was on vacation, but that will probably wait till Monday, since I have Monday off. I have to get to work now, though.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Alison said...

Amish people still scare me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails