Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Packing Sucks

I don't even have to do much of the actual packing, but it still seems like there's a million and a half things to do, and I don't have much time to do them. We're trying to get the house listed on Friday night, so we need to finish all the deep cleaning, and painting, and repairs by then. The packing people are coming today to pack up all the things on the shelves, in the cupboards, etc. Pretty much everything but the furniture, and the things we're sorting out to not be packed yet (there seems to be a lot of that to do too). Then we'll be moving all those boxes to the garage and some of the furniture too. After that, we'll be painting a couple walls, a bathroom, the front and back doors, and touching up all the door jambs, the cabinets, etc. I'll also be scrubbing all the vents, steam cleaning all the carpets and floors, washing every window, and "staging". I've just got to say, I hope the house sells so quickly after all this.

On a not so grumpy note, we had a nice weekend in St. Louis. We went to the zoo and had a picnic in Forest Park, and saw the Cahokia Mounds and had another picnic, and went to Our Lady of the Snows National Shrine. I have pictures that I might post later. I totally fell in love with Forest Park. I'm going to be living there.

Actually, I'll probably be living in the Columbia or Waterloo IL area. We went driving around and looking at areas, and we both really like those towns. It's not too long a drive from downtown at all, but very rural and farm-y. I think I'm finally going to get the tiny farm I've been dreaming about for years. I never really thought it would happen, but I'm thrilled that it looks like it actually is. I've got all sorts of plans for my two acres, but I'll save all that for another post.

The redo on Ben's sock is coming along. I'm almost to the toe shaping again, and this time, I'm definately going to measure his foot again to make sure it'll work. And maybe I'll be smart enough to write down his foot measurements.

I downloaded all the knitpicks podcasts. I'm really enjoying them. It's pretty neat to get to listen to someone chat about knitting and stuff.

We went to a yarn store in St. Louis called Hearthstone Knits. And naturally, I had to celebrate by buying three skeins of Cascade wool in a so so pretty green heather. For a hat and mittens for myself. And socks to match. How cute will that be?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Adam J. said...

Ahoy!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/knitlikeapirate.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails