Saturday, September 29, 2007

Wee Small Hours

So my week of working every day is finished. I'm glad for it too. I told Ben yesterday, it's not like it's that hard to go to work, it's just that it takes time from all the more important things I have to do. Next week is back to normal, just mon and wed shifts.

Ben's back home. He was in New Jersey all last week. His flight on thur night was cancelled, so he ended up having to stay a night longer. Poor guy was super tired when he got home yesterday.

We bombed for cockroaches last week, which in my opinion almost makes the bug problem worse. I know that in reality it's better because they're dying, but now that they're dying, I'm seeing them a lot more. They come staggering out waggling their antenna and leering and twitching. It's so gross, it pretty much makes me gag. I'm extra glad Ben is back, because now I don't have to be responsible for killing/picking up/moving any of the disgusting things.

I woke up at about three this morning, covered in sweat and with a massively sore throat. I'm already having a separate medical issue that's of a kind of personal nature (a delicate topic, so to speak), so I have a dr's appt on Monday. So I suppose if I'm still sick with this throat thing then, I'll have it checked out too. I doubt they're related. It was thurs when I noticed the other thing, after having found three twitching roaches already that morning, so that really was not a very good day, what with Ben's flight being cancelled too.

The mitten in the pictures is still exactly as far along as the latest picture shows. I'm deciding whether I'm making a pair of regular mittens or fingerless gloves with flip top mitten tops. And if they're fingerless gloves, are they totally fingerless, or do they have half fingers. Definatly let me know your vote in the comments, I'm having an impossible time deciding. So much so that I'm planning to put that one on a holder and start the next one so I have something to work on until the votes come in.

Notice I've been using one of those tiny plastic circulars from clover. It's the first time I've tried one, and I can't really say if I like it or not. It's tiny, so my hands don't love it, but I think it is faster then the dpn's, since I can just go around and around and not have to switch hands or anything.

I've been wondering about making two socks at the same time using the magic loop method. I don't like the idea of making two socks inside each other with double knitting, just because all that stitch slipping and stuff doesn't really appeal to me. (Also, I'm pretty sure that doing that turns you into a smug, self-satisfied gloater, proven by this article.) But from what I understand about the magic loop, it's more like there's two socks there on the needle and then you're knitting them first one round on one, and then one round on the next from two different balls. I can see why that could be appealing. Though when I see the manuverings involved in using one long circular needle to knit a small tube, I wonder if it's really worth it.

The house is being showed today and tomorrow. We might go to the movies today in order to be gone, and then tomorrow Ben has to go to Scottsdale to pick some things up, so we'll head up there. I might try to go back to sleep for a little while now, since we have to do lots of little things in the morning to make sure the house is perfect for the people so see it before we go.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Adam J. said...

half finger gloves, that is the way to go, my friend.

Molly said...

I hope you feel better! Stress has a way of wearing and tearing on our bodies.

When we lived in Florida we captured a two roaches and I put them in these little sealed rubbermaid containers and they lived for over a month. nasty!

good luck with the house showing!

Alison said...

This is the way I think you should go on the glove issue. You should make them half finger gloves, but then make the little flap that covers the fingers and turns them into mittens. Do you know what I mean? My favorite pair of knitted gloves were like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails