Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm instating Recipe Tuesday

Here's the first of the Tuesday Recipes:

Tater Tot Casserole
Amounts in this recipe can vary depending on how many people you're feeding/how big a slow cooker you have. I use these amounts with a medium sized one, and I'd guess it makes about six to eight servings.

Line your crock pot with frozen tater tots. I usually just put in as many will fit, maybe half the bag or so.

Brown a pound of ground meat. You can use beef or turkey. I'm sure even chicken will work in this one. You can put chopped onion and garlic with the meat while it's cooking if you want.

Mix the browned meat with a can of cream of mushroom soup. I get the low salt kind at least and the low fat kind if I can find it. Also mix in a can of corn that's been drained.

At this point you can add other things too if you like, such as a can of green beans that's been drained or peas and carrots. I've used frozen veggies too, no problem. I've also been thinking that you could add drained canned kidney beans or great northern beans and really up the fiber in this meal. You could use less meat that way too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Put the filling mixture into the tater tot lined crock pot. It cooks on low for about six hours, give or take. Since it's all pre-cooked, you just want to be sure that the tater tots get warm and the flavors are all combined. Serve topped with cheese if you want. A salad on the side is good too.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Julie said...

Tater Tot Casarole is pretty much my favorite thing in the world.

Adam J. said...

gonna make this tonight at the oak

Related Posts with Thumbnails