Wednesday, November 07, 2007

a day in the life

I'm having a pretty good day today. I went to walmart this morning to get some tissue paper to wrap up the scarflettes for my friends, and a harness for Pickles, since hers was just a kitten sized one and she needs a bigger one now. I came out with the tissue paper, the harness, a pair a decorative scissors, a couple of quote blocks for cardmaking, and some clearanced halloween crafts. I'm a menance when shopping.

After I got back home, I wrapped all the scarflettes. Then I realized I'm a loser, because I didn't take any pictures of them. So, no pictures. But the one I'm making myself is about half done, so I'll take pictures of that one.

At eleven I went out to lunch with my friend Sarah at Applebee's. It was pretty good, we got the soup and salad lunch thing. She wanted to take me out for a goodbye lunch, which was so nice of her.

This morning I made Ben a southwestern steak scramble for breakfast. It had green pepper, and onion, and steak and pepperoni (that was just to use some up), and eggs and jack cheese. I served it with leftover cornbread from last night. Last nights dinner was a pork loin cooked in the crock pot with sauce made from tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, chile powder, ginger, paprika, and water, sliced and served over rice. I made corn bread to go with that, but I used masa instead of corn meal and put a can of corn in it too. It turned out really yummy. The leftover pork and rice are going to become pork fried rice for tonight's dinner.

Now that I've finished my goodbye presents, I think it's time to get out the bin of yarn and decide what projects are going with me in the car and what projects I have to say goodbye to until we move into a new house. I think I'm going to pack one whole suitcase of yarn and just keep wearing the same clothes over and over. It's weird to have to pick just one or two projects. I think I'll keep the green yarn I've been using for the hat and mittens and scarflette, so I can keep adding to that set. And if I have room for both, I'll be keeping Ben's black sweater and my pink sweater with me. Also, maybe the brown yarn to finish the pair of Gloss socks. And if I can use up all that yarn, and actually make that black sweater fit Ben, I'm going to crown myself knitting queen.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like you're a Queen to me!
:)
I also hope you house hunting goes well.

Molly said...

can you get by with two outfits? even more room for yarn! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails