Thursday, November 08, 2007

last night in the az house

I'm feeling a little down today. I've been sorting and packing all day and it's just feeling very final. Emily came over this morning, and we made a crapload of banana bread to use up the last of some ingredients and a bunch of bananas that had gotten black. It turned out pretty well. I also made her take all our condiments and ramen. I'm like a crazy old grandma that always makes you take some weird thing every time you come see her. Like leftovers and cleaning supplies. Maybe she'll actually be glad to see me go after this.
I sorted through my yarn and books and movies. And I'm an absolute failure at traveling light when it comes to things I might want to work on or do. I suck at narrowing down yarn. Anyway, I ended up with the big suitcase full of stuff, and my little suitcase for my clothes. That seems somehow backward, but it's pretty much a reflection of my priorities.
There's still so much to do, I really hope that it all gets done on time. We've got to pack our clothes and toiletries and load up the car. And the packers and movers have to get a lot packed too before the day is done tomorrow. But it'll be a long day, and we don't have to be out of the house till tomorrow night, so I'm sure we'll get it all done.
I put the harnesses on the cats yesterday, bcause I figured I'd better start making them wear their tags. Just in case they end up getting out at some point. I'd hate to end up losing one. I'd hate to find out, but I suspect that Ben wouldn't stop and try to find them, and he'd make us abandon them. I really wouldn't want to have that fight. But my point is, I think the cats are so cute in the harnesses. For some reason, they remind me of monkeys when they've got those on.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Mary said...

I hope your trip goes well. Do you have little cages for you cats? Or are they going to be loose in your car?

Donna said...

Hope everything goes well, and you're right I don't think Ben seems like the type to wait for a cat to come back to a gas station in the middle of the desert. He'd have to go ahead and you'd have to hitch a ride after waiting for kitty to return. lol

Julie said...

LOL! I love the little notation about your suitcase priorities. When I went to KS, my big suitcase was for shoes and my little suitcase was for cloths.

Alison said...

I have a friend like that. Everytime I go to her house, she sends me home with bags of food, candles and all sorts of random items. She usually sends us home with a case of beer, too. She has a lot of parties, but she's not a big drinker, so she always has left over alcohol.

I have tried putting harnesses on cats in the past (my cats, not just stray cats or cats of friends) and it always seems to immobilize them. Which, if you don't want them to run away, could be a very good thing.

Bethany said...

Mary, yep, they each have their own carrier box. They never ride in the car and hate it, so I think it would be chaos if they were just in the car loose.

Donna, I hate to admit it, but I really think he would keep going. But I'm sure the nice people at the gas station would give me a job while I wait for my kitties to come home.

Julie, that's sad that I'm so not a girl. I've been wearing the same pair of shoes since the end of sept. I only wanted to have to deal with one pair while we were showing the house. I know, weird.

Ali, it's hilarious to imagine you walking around with a harness in your pocket. You know, just in case you run across a cat you're tempted to harness. My cats are rendered immobile at first. Then they slink around looking like minks and rub on the walls. It takes a day or two for them to just give up and get used to it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails