Sunday, November 18, 2007

A quiet day

This morning Ben and I went to mass at the church at the Our Lady of Snows Shrine. It was so pretty. I like the church a lot. It was like one giant really bright room, so it was a pretty place to be during mass. Then we walked around the grounds a little bit, but we didn't stay long, since we had to get back for Ben to work.
On the way home we stopped at the grocery store to get the turkey and a couple of other things. It was so crowded! We picked up our stuff and since then we've just been hanging around the room.
Ben's been working, and I cleaned up the kitchenette and put together pasta sauce in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. I printed out some Thanksgiving coloring pages down in the business center. I just hated the idea of not decorating at least a little, and that seemed like an inexpensive way to be festive.
So I think I'll color my turkey pictures and hang them up. After that we'll have dinner, and I don't know if Ben's working after dinner or not. But if he's not, maybe we'll watch tv or something. I think it'll be too dark and cold then to go for a walk.
I submitted a couple more articles to Associated Content. Today I submitted a lengthened version of Tater Tot Casserole. I don't know if I'll write anymore today, I can't seem to think of a topic. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, since we're going to the bank to do our loan application and stuff. I think we'll be done with that in the morning, though, so maybe I'll write something tomorrow afternoon while Ben's working at the tower.
I just noticed that Ben has thrown a day or two's worth of clothes on the floor NEXT to the dirty laundry hamper/basket. Seriously. I was going to say something, but really, he doesn't need my critism and it's not like bending over will kill me. Unless I whack my head against the wall or something, but that could hardly be blamed on him.
The slow cooker we bought yesterday is so pretty, and it'll match the new kitchen so nicely! I've been needing a new bigger sized crock pot, since mine has a plastic cover and so had to be covered with a folded towel and bricks to be cooked in. That's why I didn't bring it with me, because I knew it had to be replaced anyway. I love this new one. It's stainless steel finish, with red ceramic and red trim. And it came with a little red baby one for dip! And so this raises my total slow cooker count to five. And none of them are actually the same size. I probably will just give the old big one away. And I've been thinking of getting rid of the small one (not the new little dipper, the one that used to be smallest) because it's too big for dip and the only really useful thing it does is cook steel cut oats over night. I don't know, we'll see if maybe I use it more at the new house.
So, since I've got the new little dipper, I figured it would be nice to have ritz and a cheese spread or dip and veggies. I'm just looking for a good recipe to make in it. I'm thinking sometime this week I should post my whole Thanksgiving menu with recipes. Mostly because I love it when people do that.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails