Monday, November 12, 2007

St. Louis, MO

We got in around 3 o'clock, and then we got all unpacked and got the cats settled in. I think they like having a little more room than in the Super 8 motels, but I'm sure they'll be relieved when we have a real house for them to live in. After we unpacked everything, Ben worked for a couple of hours, and then we went down to happy hour. They were serving meatball subs. It was pretty good, but I'm a wimp when it comes to "other people's sauce" so I only ate three of the little meatballs. But since living in a hotel is so expensive, I'm trying my best to be satisfied with what I've got and not have to go to restaurants too. We do have two little burners and a fridge and a microwave and freezer, so there's lot of stuff that I can prepare right in the room. What I have to figure out is how to have homemade pizza night with no oven. Suggestions are welcome.

Technically, this was posted on the thirteenth, but it was written on the twelfth (it was delayed by technical hotel difficulties), so I'm counting it for NaBloPoMo anyway.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Molly said...

Welcome to St. Louis! We are leaving Friday afternoon to go to Virginia for Thanksgiving, but when we get back you and Ben are very welcome to come over. I hope you have a good thanksgiving and hopefully by Christmas you can be decorating your tree in your new home!
PS. If you get time, go to Crown Kandy Kitchen. . .it is a fun old-time St. Louis landmark and they have awesome BLT's. It's cheap too!

Mary said...

It looks like your post made the day by 5 minutes! I am so glad you made it to St. Louis. I live about 5 hours south of there, In Arkansas.Hope you find the perfect house quickly.

Bethany said...

Molly, thank you so much, you're so kind. I'm totally looking forward to meeting you in person. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving trip!

Mary, I have to admit, I cheated so my blog would stay all orderly looking. I'm really weird about having to have things just so sometimes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails