Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Continues

So, as I said before, since I missed out on a lot of the preparation and anticipation before Christmas this year (This is mostly my fault, for being so distracted, but also I couldn't help having to spend most of the pre-Christmas days unpacking instead of Christmassing.), I've decided that this year, I'm definately celebrating all Twelve Days, right up to Epiphany. It makes sense actually, since I'm behind in sending out gifts, so I'll just pretend that's it's completely normal for Christmas to keep on going.

I was thinking about it, and really, it's sad that people start Christmas so early in the year in October, because lots of people are just completely sick of it on the 26th. Presents seem to lose some of the fun when they're given after Christmas, and people forget about all the charitable intentions they had. I've decided that this year, even beyond Epiphany, I'll try to live like Scrooge.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach."- A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens

I'm planning to start a Christmas in My Heart series here on my blog. Every month, I'll post a project or an idea or meditation about Christmas and its meaning, so as to honour Christmas and Jesus' incarnation as man all through the year.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Alison said...

I told Andy that Christmas was so fun this year that I think we should have Christmas once a month. I figured me out. I just want more presents, lol.

Julie said...

I like it.

Bethany said...

Ali, I did Christmas in July this year, and talked Ben into it to. I love more presents as well. :D
Thanks, Jules.

Hadias said...

Congratulations on your first Christmas in your new home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails