Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Comfortable Cold

Well, I think I've got myself a cold. But I'm not too upset about it, because I'm lucky enough to be at a place in my life where slowing down won't do any harm to much at all. I'm just relaxing with tea and chicken noodle soup, so even with a cold, I'm grateful to have a blessed life.

Everyday this week I've written an assignment for AC. They sure are quick with the payments when it's their assignment that you're submitting. Two of them have been published already. One is about homemade cookie cutters and the other is about personalized gifts for newborns. I have a few ideas for articles of my own, but I think I might save them for another day and just knit today.

My knitting hasn't really come along as quickly as I would like it to. I did finish Ben's improved hat, but I'm afraid it's turned out to be way too big. Too big even to fit cousin Greg's unreally sized head. So, you know, about the biggest hat in the world. I think it might be destined to be ripped out again. Which is slightly disheartening, because I spent four days knitting it. Oh well, I seem to rip just as much as I finish, so I might as well get used to it.

I'd really like to start a shawl (yeah, I know, that's weird, but the Knitter Almanac is inspiring me), but I'm going to be practical and today's new project is going to be a hat for the hat drive at Ben's work. I picked up some really pretty blue and purple Simply Soft to make kid sized hats. And the good thing about these is that they're bound to fit someone, as long as I make them vaguely head sized. I'm thinking about winding the yarn into balls so it'll be doubled. Then I can use bigger needles. I'll see if I think it looks neat enough when I start.

Things are looking pretty good with the house and all. The appraisal came back just fine, and I think we'll be set to close on the 14th still. Of course, our stuff isn't getting delivered till the 17th, but at least we should be unpacked before Christmas if I keep up at it. We'll probably spend the weekend in the house and just get a new air matress, because even a really nice air mattress will cost far less than another three nights in this hotel.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Melonie said...

Here's to air mattresses! We did the same thing when we moved here, rather than staying in lodging until our household goods arrived. I was ready to be OUT of that place. :-)

Hope the closing goes as planned and all your things arrive safely - ready to unpack. I'd offer to help but you're a bit far away. LOL

Alison said...

hooray for having a house! I can't wait to see pics!

Bethany said...

Melonie, I'm actually pretty excited that Ben offered to take the day off and help me to unpack. With his help, I should have all the pertinent things unpacked the first day, and hopefully the Nativity set and the Christmas tree up too that first day or two.

Ali, I know! I'm getting super excited.

Related Posts with Thumbnails