Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's the Final Walk Through!

(yes, the title should be sung to the tune of "Final Countdown". no, I couldn't figure out how to spell the do do loo do doo doo do do do part.)

Google has taken over the internet here at the hotel. I can only get blogger and google sites to work. I even checked the computers downstairs and they won't open anything else either. Very annoying.

So, today Ben and I are going to have our final walk through at the house and then tomorrow is the closing! I'm pretty excited, but kind of anxious too, just to have one more big change. I guess I've gotten pretty used to this living in a hotel thing. I am very glad to be getting into my own house again though, and being able to go about making it a home. And it's the last big change for a while, since we'll be living there for the foreseeable future, even though there are ongoing changes that come with this move. Like learning to have a large garden and grow plants. I'm a little nervous about that, since growing things is one of those skills that's always seemed to escape me.

So, I keep thinking about those cool hoodies with the neat hidden mp3 pocket and the cord grommet and stuff. I've decided that one of my first sewing projects once I get my new sewing room all set up will be an apron with some of the same features. I know I've got lots of fabric to keep me busy sewing for a long time because I sorted it all before it was all packed. I'm planning a few dresses and things like that. And soon (like next month, I think, if all goes well with my google ads!) I'll be able to buy myself a dress dummy. I can't wait, since that will make sewing my own clothes so much easier. I'm going to get one that has adjustable height, so I can do my own hem marking and stuff.

Anyway, I'm just finishing up the laundry, and then I'm going to pack up some of our things in the room to be ready to start getting stuff over there. I've got to pack up all the yarn and the books and things like that. We're planning to take stuff over to the house after the closing tomorrow, and then on Saturday move out of the hotel completely with one last trip over to take the cats. It's getting so close and exciting! I kinda want to puke, lol.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Melonie said...

EEEK! I hope the walk-thru goes wonderfully. Bet you can't wait to pick up your keys. :-) I remember those days when I built my first house. Way more exciting than just moving into a new rental.

Your mp3 player apron pocket is a great idea! It sounds like you have tons of ideas ready to roll.

And now I'm going to have to try to get this song out of my head. *sigh*

Homestead Mama said...

Wow, that is so exciting! Congrats. I know what you mean about a large garden. We moved last spring, and it was overwhelming to think about a large garden... but as my hubby reminds me... baby steps. We don't have to do it all in the first year. We will be here for a while.

Homestead Mama

Related Posts with Thumbnails