Monday, December 03, 2007

Money Making Monday: Associated Content

I read about Associated Content on Crystal's Blog right after Ben and I moved into this hotel. Since I knew that I'd be living for the next month or so in a hotel room and wouldn't have my regular homemaking work to keep me busy, I decided to give it a try. I signed up and submitted some articles that I'd already written for BeppyCat.com. Those were accepted, and I was paid about an average of $4 dollars for each one. Not bad, I figured, for work I'd done months ago.

I decided to take one of the assignments they offered next. I wrote an article on finding the best jobs during college. It was fun to write and interesting, and I enjoyed the challenge of writing about something I wouldn't have thought of. They paid me what was promised, and that article was published right away.

After this success, I started writing articles about other subjects and submitting them. Some of them were a great success, my article about roasting turkey in the slow cooker was featured on AC's front page, and some of them were not accepted for various reasons, mainly the fact that there's already a lot of info on the subject available.

I've made about $60 dollars in the past three weeks for all the articles I've written. This has averaged out to be about $7 an hour with the work that I've put in. Not bad, considering that's how much I made at Curves when I worked there, and that I didn't have to leave the house or interupt my routine to write these articles.

I've always been paid directly into my paypal account with no fees taken out within a couple of days of the acceptance of an article, and the payment has been, for me, an average of $4-$5 dollars an article. I know that you can make more if you happen to be writing on a topic that is highly searched or popular. I'd highly recommend Associated Content to anyone who likes to write and has an hour or two a day to devote to writing interesting content.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Kimi Harris said...

Thanks for sharing about your experience with AC. I have been considering doing it myself, and am now more motivated. :-)

Kelly said...

I also wanted to thank you for sharing about AC! :o)

Have a wonderful, blessed week!

Bethany said...

You're both very welcome. Thanks for the comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails