Monday, December 17, 2007

Moving Day!

Our stuff is coming today! We're pretty excited to get everything all set up and home-like. I can't wait to bake something too! I'll finally have all my baking pans and stuff. I think I might make a cake sometime this week. But I don't want to go overboard and bake more than we should eat, lol. I am planning banana bread for Thursday, since my sister Angie and her family are staying here on the way to Texas to visit her in-laws. I want to send it with them for snacks in the car.

I've been doing fairly well. My anxiety levels are through the roof, but I've been trying my best to trust in God and look forward to arranging all our things and starting this new adventure. One good sign (I think) is that I'm not worried about specific things, I'm just feeling jumpy and anxious. I think this is just because I'm not used to big changes, and it's just in my make-up to have high anxiety during big change times. I'm actually pretty happy with the house and the land. It's pretty much just the huge change in my life that's hard to process right now.

We went and picked out a new washer and dryer. I'm glad that's out of the way. I hate making big decisions like that, lol. We picked out an energy star set and they'll be delivered on the 26th. I'll be so glad to be able to do our laundry! It's taking so long because we've got to have a gas dryer and that's a special order.

I have to admit, it's intimidating for me to have gas appliances. I've never had them, and truthfully, the oven having fire in it is just scary. Not to mention the fire that's always in the fire place for the pilot. It's just weird having flames in the house. I'm sure I'll get used to it though, and Ben's excited about it because he says gas is better to cook with. I am looking forward to getting one of those cast iron grills. Yum.

No knitting progress, we've been busy cleaning and running errands. But I'm hoping to finish the mittens tonight after we get the kitchen and the living and bedroom unpacked and put together.

I'll try to steal Ben's computer again tomorrow for another update!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

BK said...

Beth, you are going to love your gas appliances. They are way cool. I don't know how new yours are, but many of the modern ones don't even have a pilot light anymore. We have a gas dryer and it is way cheaper than an electric to use. Ben should like that. It does not have a pilot light. I think it spins for a bit and two flint rocks get knocked together and start the gas. Sometimes there is a minor explosion but we figure it just helps get the clothes dried faster.

Mary said...

Congratulations on getting into your new house! I know you will love it even though you are a bit anxious right now. I am so glad to hear that you are finally there!

Hadias said...

Good for you. I amm equally excited and happy that you are finally in your home.

Melonie said...

Up in WA gas appliances cost more to use (gas costs more than electric) so I always had electric. I was shocked to move in here (now in CA) and have a gas range. EEK! I did, however, have a gas fireplace up there and the pilot light in there tweaked me out the first few years too. I "hear" ya. ;-) I got used to it though, and in a storm when the power goes out, it was actually super handy - if yours is like mine was, you should be able to use it for heat with a manual switch under the fireplace even if the electricity/switch on wall are out. SO HANDY in winter!

Sounds like you are getting well settled in. I'm living vicariously through you right now. *chuckle* I remember those new house days. Very happy for you!!!

Bethany said...

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I'm getting more used to everything every day, but it's good to know you all are rooting for me too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails