Friday, December 14, 2007

New House!

We've got our house! I'm so grateful and happy!

The signing was this morning, and everything went really well. After the signing, we took some things over to the house. We walked all through the house and around the yard. It was really nice to just look around at everything and talk about our plans together.

After that we grabbed some lunch and went to the Goodwill to get some sheets to sleep on tonight. We're planning to get an air matress, so we needed sheets to sleep on, but I just couldn't see spending money on new sheets we don't really need, and I can use them to make mock ups of patterns later. I did insist on getting them before we came back for the cats so I could use the hotel's washer and dryer to washer them. Hopefully, we'll get our own washer and dryer next week.

It was so crazy everywhere today! Even the Goodwill was completely packed and so busy. And it seemed impossible to drive anywhere! I'm so glad I don't have to go out shopping in that. I do still have $45 dollars of the agreed upon amount of $75 to spend on Ben's presents, but I think I'll probably order things online.

So, we came back here to the hotel one last time to get the cats and finishing up packing. Everything is all packed up now except for the cats, so as soon as the sheets are dry we'll be on our way.

I'll be without internet for a while. I'm hoping to go to a Starbucks or Barnes and Noble to be able to update sometime this weekend, but for now, we're just going to be cleaning up the new house and maybe working on a puzzle Ben picked up while we were at Goodwill.

I'll be finishing Alison's mittens. I've gotten them pretty much finished, I just have the thumb to do and the pocket for the right one. I'll post phone pictures when I get them all finished. Then I'll start her scarf I think. Though I think I might wait till I get my crochet hooks because I want to crochet it, not knit it.

Anyway, we get the weekend to spend together now in our beautiful new, but empty, house! I can't wait to post lots of pictures, but until then, I'll try to keep up to date with my phone and if I can get somewhere with wireless.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Julie said...

That is super exciting. I am really, really excited for you.

Alison said...

Congrats on the house. I'm glad everything went well, I can't wait until you're all settled in. It'll be nice to not spend Christmas in a hotel!

Send me your new address when you get a chance!

Kacie said...

Congratulations! How great!

Molly said...

Yay! Sending you blessings for your house!

Melonie said...

WOOHOO! Congratulations!!!
Hope the storms don't treat you badly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails