Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Recipe Tuesday

The Best Banana Bread You've Ever Eaten

I almost forgot today! But I promise, it was worth waiting for.

This is by far the best banana bread you'll ever eat. Everyone says so. I will say, it's okay for me to brag so much about this recipe because it's not one I made up. I got it from my sister, Donna, and I'm not sure where she got it. And it definately always works for me.

You just have to make sure not to over bake it. Try to catch it just as it's done and not let it go any longer.

I have a quick tip about saving bananas for this recipe. We buy bananas every week, and there's usually at least one that just doesn't get eaten before it goes black. So I take that one and peel it and put it in a freezer bag in the freezer. Then I just add to the bag as the bananas go black, and when I want to make bread, I get out the bag and let them thaw. Then I just squish them all up in the bag. I think this makes the bread even more moist than using the bananas unfrozen.

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
1/4 t. Baking Soda
1/4 t. Cinnamon
1/4 t. Nutmeg
1/8 t. Salt

Moist Ingredients:
1 Egg - Lightly Beaten
1 C. Mashed Over-Ripe Banana
3/4 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Oil

Mix the Dry and the Moist ingredients together seperately in different bowls. Form a well in the dry mixture and pour in the moist mixture. Mix just until blended. Pour into a greased loaf pan or muffin cups. Bake loaf at 350 for give or take 50 minutes. Muffins will bake more quickly. Makes a medium sized loaf. A triple recipe will make about two dozen muffins.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Thanks! I think I'll try that.

Michelle said...

Sounds yummy!

Hadias said...

Banana bread is my favorite. It's one of the first I learned how to bake. Now if only I were able to make it in a crockpot. My oven's heating element has concked out. Thanks for posting the reicipe. I use the same one.

Julie said...

I love this recipe its all I use since that one time you mailed me a loaf of bread.

Melonie said...

This is one I'll have to try!!! I was just thinking of making banana bread yesterday - I'll have to add to my grocery list for tomorrow's commissary trip. :-)

BTW the mittens look wonderful. I am going to look for the sewing and knitting resources you mentioned in your comment at my blog - THANK YOU for doing that!

You move soon - best wishes!!!!!

Marie said...

I just make a really basic banana bread recipe, but I throw in a handful of chocolate chips. It's really good, and unusual, so people are both surprised and pleased.

disa said...

性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,ut聊天室

Related Posts with Thumbnails