Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Recipe Tuesday

Breakfast Casserole

4 medium Russet potatoes
5-6 Eggs
1/4 C. Milk
1 C. Shredded Cheese
1 Package of Polish Sausage

These amounts are just suggestions, I pretty much just go by eye with this one. Peel and shred the potatoes, put them into a clean dish towel and wring as much of the water out as you can. Scramble the eggs and add the potatoes, milk, and cheese. Cut the sausage into bite size chunks and mix everything all together. Pepper to taste. I wouldn't salt it, what with all the sausage and cheese, it shouldn't need more salt. Pour into a very well greased 9X13 cake pan or casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes. You could add grated onion or chopped peppers too, if you'd like.

This is the recipe that I made up to try in the slow cooker, but at the last minute, I decided that the eggs might over cook in the slow cooker overnight. I made it up all ahead of time and just popped it in the oven first thing when I woke up.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails