I haven't posted in a while. I've been distracted by a new blog I found, so I spend a lot of my computer time reading that. Also, Ben was gone all last week, and I don't usually post while he's away. So, what's been going on?
Well, I did a little experimenting, and now I have a new pet. In the form of sour dough bread starter. I have to admit that it's pretty amazing to me that that even works. It just seems like it wouldn't at all.
I've made myself a housekeeping list of sorts. There's all sorts of little jobs around here that seem to get neglected simply because I don't think to do them, so I've tried to come up with an organized way to go about things. I started with all the things that are done daily, and then made additional lists for each day of the week for things that are done weekly. For instance, on Monday, I do the daily list, and then the specific Monday tasks of adding chemicals to the pool and brushing the cats. That way, it's much more likely that things like brushing the pool down, or pulling weeds or cleaning the tub and shower will be done every week. And I'm not putting it all into my day off. I should add things in for the first, second, etc week of the month, so then I'll have things that have to be done monthly on the list too. The only thing I can think of that's monthly is dusting the doorjambs and ceilings. Anything else?
Anyway, I'm actually enjoying my list, and it's helping me make sure that I don't put things off till later, or let them go so long that they're hard to deal with.
Emily is back at work now, and it's been super great to have her! Everyone was so happy to see her!
Ben found out last week that we're moving. He doesn't know exactly when yet, but he's changing positions and will be a category analyst now. We're most likely going to St. Louis. As for a timeline, it's pretty hard to tell. But he's going to meet with his boss today and will know more about that tonight. I'm pretty happy about getting out of the desert and into a place that has seasons. And snow! It's a little stressful to consider selling the house, but I just trust that we'll be able to move on if that's what God is sending us to do. And I have to say, I'm not really looking forward to all the packing. But mostly just the logistics. The actual packing and sorting might actually be fun. It'll give me a chance to really go through all the books and fabric and yarn. I know I'll have to purge a good deal of it, but I'm looking forward to that, because it'll make what I keep easier to use.
- I got some entredeux yesterday for the baptismal gown for church, so I'm going to work on that this evening and tomorrow.
- An apron, in a style I think Angie will like, but I think I might keep this one for myself and make her buy her own fabric. Not because I'm mean, but because this one is turning out so cute, I don't know if I can part with it. Anyway, that's all cut and ready to start sewing, with bias tape bought yesterday too.
- Lots of crocheted pinwheel trivets and knitted dishcloths. I'm working my way through a bag of sugar n cream cotton I bought last month.
- I've been inspired by news of our move to get out that black and red and white sweater for Ben that's been so hard on me. I might rip it all out and start over, but I want to work on a sweater for him now that I know we're going somewhere he can use it. And I want to work on my pink and black and white one too.
- Lots of socks in varied states of doneness. I'm actually feeling more compelled to finish these too, considering that they will be much more useful in St. Louis than here as well.